Rotor/Pad

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by trout, Jun 30, 2005.

1. trout

trout

I have just discovered the site and would like to commend the participants on creating a great forum for LC owners. I have a 2000 LC with 116k miles and am due new rotors and pads. I would like to upgrade to something a bit more rugged. I spend some time off road incountering mud and fairly hilly terrian but would not consider myself a serios off-roader. Also would you reccomend replacing the shocks at this time as a prevenative measure and if so what would you reccomend.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    personally, I went with OEM Toyota for replacement rotors and pads....heck, ya got 100k out of the first set....lol I read concerns that the drilled/slotted rotors only created a place for mud/sand to collect and could accellerate wear and make cleanup a bigger PITA....

for shocks, Bilstein or OME...check out Slees site, ya may just wanna do a 2" lift while yer under there anyways ;)

3. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Just put the Slee OME kit on (fr & rr shocks, 865 coils, OME T-bars & Slee diff drop kit)...it is a win-win in every category.

4. trout

trout

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope to get the project started soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.