Roof racks and area (square footage)? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I've been looking around and maybe I totally missed this on the forum, but is there a difference in square footage/area of what each roof rack covers (Prinsu v Gobi v Frontrunner v Gamiviti v any others I might have missed)? Some seem a little more slim than others, but it's probably just negligible, but just thought I would ask.

Hello? Anyone?

giphy-downsized.gif

I don't know brah. Just thought I'd say hi. Guys are saying they like the Front Runner system. I'm looking at ROCK SOLID OFF ROADS PERFORMANCE rack system. Very much like Front Runner. That's all I got........

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but all these manufactures list their racks length and width on their websites. Just need to do some easy research. Also check Eezi-Awn.

Or are you asking what people think is a good size?

I don't know brah. Just thought I'd say hi. Guys are saying they like the Front Runner system. I'm looking at ROCK SOLID OFF ROADS PERFORMANCE rack system. Very much like Front Runner. That's all I got........

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but all these manufactures list their racks length and width on their websites. Just need to do some easy research. Also check Eezi-Awn.

Or are you asking what people think is a good size?

Thanks @SQRRRL I'm looking at the Front Runner too, however Gamiviti has me like hmm, the big question for me would be whether or not I could place a nice sized Barroud. And @Taco2Cruiser I don't think you are a jerk and yeah I know that they have their length and width, but I guess it would have been better to frame the question from looking at a RTT (e.g. Barroud) and find out what people's experiences have been like in terms of the size. For example, now that I think about it, I should have gone with Rack A instead of Rack B because I wouldn't have had problems with RTT Type A and space. Thanks for helping me clarify! :D

Still not answering your question but for my RTT, none of them gave me enough additional square footage to matter much. I did consider the wider version Eezi-Awn to hang stuff off the edges but decided to just go with load bars since the rack only added additional weight with no additional benefit.

Thanks @SQRRRL I'm looking at the Front Runner too, however Gamiviti has me like hmm, the big question for me would be whether or not I could place a nice sized Barroud. And @Taco2Cruiser I don't think you are a jerk and yeah I know that they have their length and width, but I guess it would have been better to frame the question from looking at a RTT (e.g. Barroud) and find out what people's experiences have been like in terms of the size. For example, now that I think about it, I should have gone with Rack A instead of Rack B because I wouldn't have had problems with RTT Type A and space. Thanks for helping me clarify! :D
I would look at Eezi-Awns new load bars. Instead of putting a rack on your roof, then a RTT on that, these load bars drop a lot of unnecessary weight and cost. After my trial and error of playing with RTTs, I did walk away saying that I just couldn't stand having a useless rack that adds 65+ pounds. I mean there's a mounting bracket, and a RTT, but why do I still need a rack? So when I saw these, I was like, "yes!" THAT makes a sense!

I would look at Eezi-Awns new load bars. Instead of putting a rack on your roof, then a RTT on that, these load bars drop a lot of unnecessary weight and cost. After my trial and error of playing with RTTs, I did walk away saying that I just couldn't stand having a useless rack that adds 65+ pounds. I mean there's a mounting bracket, and a RTT, but why do I still need a rack? So when I saw these, I was like, "yes!" THAT makes a sense!

I like that idea. Can take the bars off when not needed and pop them on when you do. Also gives a little more clearance to get in the garage. looks like a good product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom