Roof Rack Mounting Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
hey guys

i am planning to design and build my own roof rack due to the lack of options out there, i can pretty much figure everything else out except for the mounting options. my rig did NOT come with the factory rack, so the gutters must be used. i want to keep it as low profile as possible.

anyone got any ideas or suggestions on where to get some nice gutter mounts that can be incorporated into this?

Mangler,
Check out the 60 series forum..there is a thread started today/yesterday on a cheap homemade rack...good ideas for the mounting brackets..

Be glad you don't have the factory rack, it's mounting scheme is not something to build off of.

Go with your gut and use the gutters.

Check out the mounting hardware off of an ARB rack. It is the sweetest mounting system that I've seen . Many folks think that it is is the best part of the rack. I'd agree.
You can buy an ARB mounting kit seperately and then build the rest of the rack to suit you needs and desires. It wouldn't be hard to fab something that works with the ARB legs. That saves you from dropping the wad of cash on the expensive and heavy ARB rack and gives you the best looking and possibly the strongest mounting kit you can get with out the headache of trying to design and build one yourself. OK4WD sells the kit and aren't too far from you. Ask for Chuck and tell him that Junk said to mention his name.
Curran

Curran said:
Ask for Chuck and tell him that Junk said to mention his name.
Curran

Like that's going to help. :D

Riley said:
Like that's going to help. :D

I meant to add a ;) in there. But all kidding aside, Chuck helped a few of us organize a small group buy on ARB racks about two years ago.

Curran said:
Check out the mounting hardware off of an ARB rack. It is the sweetest mounting system that I've seen . Many folks think that it is is the best part of the rack. I'd agree.
You can buy an ARB mounting kit seperately and then build the rest of the rack to suit you needs and desires. It wouldn't be hard to fab something that works with the ARB legs. That saves you from dropping the wad of cash on the expensive and heavy ARB rack and gives you the best looking and possibly the strongest mounting kit you can get with out the headache of trying to design and build one yourself. OK4WD sells the kit and aren't too far from you. Ask for Chuck and tell him that Junk said to mention his name.
Curran

Thanks For That Info Curran! I seen the ARB mounting kit before and really liked it! I didnt know it was available seperate! Thanks for the heads up! I will check it out for sure!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom