Roof molding for a 2009 LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here every replaced their roof molding on their Land Cruiser? I just noticed I have a small section missing on my driver side just in front of the factory roof rails. Does anyone know the part number for it and should I just replace all of them on both sides.
Thanks,

There are some threads on this just do a search (use the Google search option).

It sounds like they are important to keep the sun off of a welded area and to prevent debris from collecting in the channel.

Very easy to replace, just make sure they are not bent and slap them in. I put some rtv on each end which seemed to help a bit.

I don't have part numbers.

I replaced 4 or 5 before I lost it and used rtv to secure the ends to the roof rail bases which seemed to help.

Personally I was able to get my dealer to replace two under warranty (good will) but was told no more.

Hope this helps.

75551-60110 For the two front rubber moulding pieces on each side. There is a thin metal rib molded into each one and this being bent causing the whole thing to spring upwards slightly often contributes to them coming out.

Make sure the channel is really clean before installing. Also IIRC on the ones that go under a roof rack foot you can slide it back under the foot, then lay it down and slide it the other way to capture the other end. This is how to install without them bending.

A little dab of black RTV in the middle won’t hurt, just don’t go crazy so you can easily get it out in the future if needed. If you do this I’d find a way to put some weight on the middle of the strip while the RTV cures.

IMO they are too expensive to replace as PM, though I carefully remove mine once a year to clean all the gunk from under them. Some of them have a plastic retainer that holds the end down.. removing this is a little tricky but necessary to avoid bending the moulding strips.

Which pieces are you missing? I’m missing 3 on mine, the 2 against the rear roof rack feet and the one just in front of the middle support. They’re all three the same part number. 75555-60020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom