Ron Davis radiator advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you have a 4.5L. go with a koyo, TY1918 and save your coin for when the motor needs a rebuild. If you have a 3FE and wheel hard with 37 inch tires, go with a RD cause you will need all the cooling needed when burned gas turn into a giant heat sink in your motor....

"Most people won’t know of the Sherwin Grade between Bishop California and Mammoth. Well it is a brutal climb"

I've done this grade many times and its brutal!!!...Its what makes me want a supercharger or a turbo in the 80 (or a V8) ;)
The Sherwin Grade makes me contemplate the affordability of @NLXTACY Wit’s End turbo kit. Every time. It’s usually right about mile 8 of the climb, where you’re not sure if winding the revs out in 2nd or just accepting 40mph with the accelerator mashed to the floor is the better option. But the scenery is spectacular.

The Sherwin Grade makes me contemplate the affordability of @NLXTACY Wit’s End turbo kit. Every time. It’s usually right about mile 8 of the climb, where you’re not sure if winding the revs out in 2nd or just accepting 40mph with the accelerator mashed to the floor is the better option. But the scenery is spectacular.
2nd gear @4k....all day

if you have a 4.5L. go with a koyo, TY1918 and save your coin for when the motor needs a rebuild. If you have a 3FE and wheel hard with 37 inch tires, go with a RD cause you will need all the cooling needed when burned gas turn into a giant heat sink in your motor....
Had the RD on order, but decided to go with the Koyo. My wallet thanks me, I thank you Marco!

Is that the correct PN? I tried googling it but no luck. All I am getting is the A1918.

Fan clutch mod- timing and thicker oil, RD radiator, water wetter, 14" dual Spal fans, and vented hood. I can wheel with my AC on full blast on 4LO rock crawl @ 90 degree socal weather and still be manageable.

Fan clutch mod- timing and thicker oil, RD radiator, water wetter, 14" dual Spal fans, and vented hood. I can wheel with my AC on full blast on 4LO rock crawl @ 90 degree socal weather and still be manageable.
No coolant, just water and the Redline stuff?

Reminds me of winter around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom