Builds “Ron” Build Thread - 2010 GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really like the look of the RSG sliders, but curious how well they function as a side step?
I have an elderly mother-in-law who occasionally rides with me. And. it's already tough for her to climb in the GX with the lift and tires. Would you say there's enough width to still act as a step when the door's open?

Just know, I went out to take pics in my PJs for you! Front and back door pics...
3AB9997D-AA3D-4813-8615-7A96C2E69670.jpeg
C448A215-7BF9-4358-B293-2DCBAF35C27F.jpeg

Perfect. Much appreciated!
The kick out lines up really well with the rear doors. Should be enough for plausible deniability should there be any issues. ;)

You should be fine, I have the same sliders and my MIL in her 70’s with a bad hip and short legs doesn’t have much issue getting in so long as she grabs the handle above.

You should be fine, I have the same sliders and my MIL in her 70’s with a bad hip and short legs doesn’t have much issue getting in so long as she grabs the handle above.
I always keep one of these in my rig, there are to heights:
Amazon product ASIN B01LYW5BFB
Takes no space at all for me, it helps give me a little more reach when tucking in the RTT when closing. I've also used for family that can't get into my rig to easily.
It's also great for having to sit by the tires when having to air up again after a day on the trail.

If you're painting the plastic magnet housings, be sure to prep them really good with IPA or something so the paint doesn't chip!
How well they last depends upon how well you prep them.

That rear gate lighting is sweet man.

The magnet painting issue seems like a great job for plasti-dip, IMO.
You'd still need to prep the surface, even with Plasti-Dip, but I agree, that would be a great material to use.

Although, I don't think Plasti-Dip fades.

I’ve had it fade, or maybe it just got some level of dirty that wasn’t easily cleaned and had that sun faded appearance.

Though it was several years of exterior use in Colorado, where we’re more than a mile closer to the sun than most of you 😆

I like the placement of those ports/switch. I was thinking about putting mine behind that seat belt towards the back and up a bit. Your idea seems like it would work out as well. I'll be taking the 3rd row out at some point to get some platform+storage option back there so I wonder which position would work out more efficiently.

I like the placement of those ports/switch. I was thinking about putting mine behind that seat belt towards the back and up a bit. Your idea seems like it would work out as well. I'll be taking the 3rd row out at some point to get some platform+storage option back there so I wonder which position would work out more efficiently.
I went with this location for a few reasons:
- I felt like being mounted on top instead of on the side might offer better protection.
- proximity to the cup holder makes it easy to access wires and the fuse
- easy mounting spot.
- this location makes it a little easier for my kids to access from the second row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom