Rolling the dice - slow moving turbo HZJ105 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Ian
Will have to start watching out for parts.
My 1HZ has the turbo adapted to the standard 1HZ exhaust manifold. I might be wrong but it looks a lot more restrictive than the 1HD-T.

1HZ and 1HD-T manifold are essentially the same, but the 1HD-T manifold has a different flange for mounting the turbo.

If you have an aftermarket turbo, there would be an adapter on the 1HZ manifold.

I used a 1HD-T manifold because it simplified the install of a factory turbo.

I bought a new genuine manifold (front part only) via amayama because I was having trouble finding one from a wrecker at a sensible price.
Amayama's price was decent IMO.

View attachment 1468134
Oil hose wrapping around the front of the sump

View attachment 1468135

same again from other side

View attachment 1468136

another shot of the oil return line (it has since been hose clamped). I'm not 100% happy with this. I think I'll cut the oil manifold and fabricate a steel tube drain and just have a short rubber joiner at the sump. I fitted a bulkhead fitting in the sump when I had it off while changing a cracked head 18months ago.
that's black paint on the oil manifold. I wanted to paint over the zinc that burnt off brazing the fitting to the end. Should have used a colour that doesn't look like leaking oil!

View attachment 1468137

PCV hose is just venting to atmosphere for now. Will fit a catch can at some point.
pyro is in, but gauges are not. I had to cap the old PCV spigot in the crossover pipe, I cut and crimped it then brazed it shut

View attachment 1468138

I rotated the air filter housing cap to better align the outlet with turbo intake hose. i had to rejig the blocked air filter sensor hoses, adn adjust the filter housing clips too.
Morning mudgudgeon
View attachment 1468134

Oil hose wrapping around the front of the sump

View attachment 1468135

same again from other side

View attachment 1468136

another shot of the oil return line (it has since been hose clamped). I'm not 100% happy with this. I think I'll cut the oil manifold and fabricate a steel tube drain and just have a short rubber joiner at the sump. I fitted a bulkhead fitting in the sump when I had it off while changing a cracked head 18months ago.
that's black paint on the oil manifold. I wanted to paint over the zinc that burnt off brazing the fitting to the end. Should have used a colour that doesn't look like leaking oil!

View attachment 1468137

PCV hose is just venting to atmosphere for now. Will fit a catch can at some point.
pyro is in, but gauges are not. I had to cap the old PCV spigot in the crossover pipe, I cut and crimped it then brazed it shut

View attachment 1468138

I rotated the air filter housing cap to better align the outlet with turbo intake hose. i had to rejig the blocked air filter sensor hoses, adn adjust the filter housing clips too.
Would you mind pointing out the pcv hose in this picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom