Roll Cage from Metal Tech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. I’m putting together this roll cage in my 1966 fj40 that I got from metal tech. The product is labeled as the OEM roll cage for our year fj40. I cannot find any pictures or diagrams on how to put this thing together, so I was wondering if anyone has any insight. I am especially having trouble figuring out how everything sits on the base plate, where the seat belt mount goes, which is the seat belt mount, and where the other plate goes. Thanks.

42F20116-4931-4D13-8938-33CE87F0D46A.jpeg

89E76730-8571-4A3B-BD84-F8526E5A1D5F.jpeg

4AD46EBA-F9A8-4D80-BD45-6A2E3B901332.jpeg

A0D3A90F-C6E5-4757-BDC9-05E9AC80AFE0.jpeg

I just installed the Family cage, however the middle (B pillar hoop), seat belts and mounts should be the same.

I used the measurements for tab placement for the seat belt tabs from my factory bar, I can get those if you don’t have available.

The first picture is how I mounted the base plates, you may have a different option, but I needed the entire curvature to mount the C pillar. I also added seat belt mounts in the rear for my fold and tumble rear seat, if I ever use it.

The second is my factory seat belt lower tab on my 79’.

The third is the MT retarctor mount on the family cage.

The fourth is the B Pillar mounted on the MT base, we just centered it in the middle.
IMG_8892.jpeg
IMG_8891.jpeg
IMG_8890.jpeg
IMG_8889.jpeg

Last edited:
You most likely already know this but, a tidbit of embarrassing information I will share!

I learned the hard way (Rookie Mistake) if you are going to tack it together and remove to complete welding, Construct a Jig to keep the spread of the B Pillar Hoop and the mounts flat, heat inside the tubes can/will reshape the hoop bends and the holes will no longer line up.

Not to derail your thread, what liner product did you use in the tub? Looks good with a good color match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom