Roll Bar Pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brooklyn

SILVER Star
Threads
The roll bar in my FJ40 is interfering with visibility at intersections. The issue is the bar that comes down past the wing window. The circumference is about 10.5” wrapped or a diameter of approximately 3.5”. I guess my first question is does this bar need to wrapped? Not sure if that’s a location that you would bang your head against in an accident.

The second if it should be wrapped, are their better lower profile products. I have started to look at the FIA roll bar padding, just not sure it would give me more visibility.

Attached a picture to give you an idea of what I have.

A4943456-BFAF-45D3-81E3-BEF6E3DA319F.jpeg

maybe cut off the padding in the section of the window? see if that helps

Took the roll bar padding off, still not 100% happy with the bars blocking my line is sight. Was wondering if the 67 FJ40 came with a roll bar and if, so was it a half cage?

Is so, are the original half cages year specific?

Took the roll bar padding off, still not 100% happy with the bars blocking my line is sight. Was wondering if the 67 FJ40 came with a roll bar and if, so was it a half cage?

Is so, are the original half cages year specific?
‘67 wouldn’t have had a roll bar. None of the 40s had a front section of the roll bar.

A USA spec 67 did not have a rollbar. I dont think Toyota offered a fullcage rollbar. Its a balance between saftey and vision.

A simple rear roll bar was introduced in '75. No Land. Cruiser had a full cage from the factory. I had a full cage in my 40 for years that had the same front loop and never had a problem seeing well enough. I added the first cage I had and didn't the second time. Was much happier without the padding. Even had a bad wreck that rolled the truck on the driver's side and didn't come close to hitting the gage. If I were you, I would remove the padding (at least in the area you're concerned with) and drive it around. It's just something you'll have to get used to and then it will seem normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom