Builds Rockin’ 2004 GX470 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It does but changes the geometry enough to prevent rubbing. I have the same lift as you, SPC UCAs w/ almost a +4 caster, 285-70-17s and no rubbing on the swaybar or body mount.
I was really catching the swaybar with my Discos unhooked until I installed the relocate kit.

The relo kit is needed if you are keeping sways for just this reason.

No rubbing on the dust shields or on the sway bar link as of yet just the front edge of the tire on the sway bar when turned full driver on the passenger side only which I find odd.
The little noise, not tire rub is what I was referring to. My PS swaybar link started oozing grease and making a metallic click the week I did my lift. You're right to check control arm bushings and ball joints also for safety.

So I took the GX on its first trip over Labor Day down to the Henry mountains, Capitol Reef and Grand Escalante National Monument. Mostly just washboard roads but it did great with no issues. I’m really pleased with ride there is still some rubbing upon compression on the front edge of the body mount. I’ll have to do the chop eventually.

Last edited:
I need to add full time power to the rear for the ARB and also for phone charging so I started tearing apart the rear interior today.

IMG-3454.JPG

I ran the wire through the factory boot at the firewall and down the drivers side sill following the factory wiring.

I’ve decided to run the fridge on the passenger side so I ran 10ga wire from the engine bay back to the driver side 3rd row cubby for the phone usb outlet first then from there over to the drivers side for the ARB outlet.

IMG-3448.JPG
IMG-3450.JPG
IMG-3451.JPG
IMG-3453.JPG

I’ll be adding a 12 circuit blue sea fuse block in the engine bay for this additional circuit and some future ones as well. I’ve never really done auto electrical except for stereo stuff. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P6FTHC/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

So with those two power outlets in the rear what size fuse should I use for this circuit? I’m thinking 10 amp as that’s is the most the USB outlet is rated for.

Last edited:
I removed the rear door panel as well while I have the rest of the interior apart to add a couple of LED lights to the top of the rear door.

IMG-3457.JPG

IMG-3459.JPG

What else should I do while I have the rear interior panels off? I'm thinking I might add an interior rear door release.

I would deaden the panels with Dynamat or Secomd Skin dampeners. Helps keep it quiet and the music sounding better!

So I've been playing around with this on a few trips, I've done some wheeling (Moab, Newfies, Henry Mountains) and some road trips (Washington state, KOH) and its been great. I really don't have any complaints except I wish it got a little better gas mileage but I knew what I bought so I'm not gonna complain about that too much.

I've got some recent parts purchased just waiting to be put in as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

ARB Twin Compressor mounted to a Rago Fab compressor mount.

www.ragofabrication.com

2003-2009 1st Gen Lexus GX470 ARB Compressor Mount
EXPERIENCE THE RAGO DIFFERENCE ARB COMPRESSOR MOUNT Made in the USA Easy Installation No Drilling Required Fits the ARB Single Air Compressor** and the ARB Twin Compressor Fits with the Switch Pros SP9100 Lifetime Warranty and the Rago Promise – Satisfaction Guarantee Designed by Rago...
www.ragofabrication.com
www.ragofabrication.com

Switchpro Controler to operate the rigid pods I've had mounted for awhile and to control the compressor as well. Long term it would also control a locker or two and additional exterior lights.

store.switchpros.com

SP-9100 Bezel Style 8-Switch Panel Power System with Concealed Mounting Hardware

store.switchpros.com
store.switchpros.com

I also picked up a modern stereo for it. Ill be ditching the tape player and trusty cassette adapter to listen to my phone. Ill finally have blue tooth and a back up camera and music and videos stored on an external hard drive. Several GX owners have had good luck with this 9" display and touch screen with android. I am hopeful it will work out well. My hesitation was because I have never bought from a Chinese web site before but it shipped pretty quick and arrived faster than I thought it would. It wasn't to expensive so if it doesn't work out i wont be to disappointed.

www.aliexpress.com

US $187.2 22% OFF|9 inch Android 8.1 Octa 8 Core 2G RAM ROM32G Car DVD Player for Toyota Prado 120 for Lexus GX470 Car Radio GPS Navigation BT map-in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com

I just ordered today a mobile Ham radio to supplement my Yaseu FT-60 handheld. I ordered a Kenwood TM-D710G with an external speaker and a Larsen 1/2 wave antenna. I think I have everything I need for this.

KENWOOD TM-D710G Transceivers Mobile Dual Band 2m-70cm, TMD710G
KENWOOD TM-D710G tm-d710ga
www.hamradio.com
KENWOOD KES-5 Speakers Non-Filtered-Non-DSP, KES5
KENWOOD KES-5 High Power Extrnal Speaker - 40 Watts - 4 Ohms - Great Sound - Needs Plug
www.hamradio.com
KENWOOD PG-5F Cables Separation, PG5F
KENWOOD PG-5F Speaker / Microphone / Remote Extension Cable - 13.1 Feet Long - TM-V71A / TM-D710
www.hamradio.com
PulseLarsen NMO2/70B Black Antenna Mobile Dual Band 2m-70cm, NMO2/70B Black
PulseLarsen NMO2/70B Black 144 / 440 MHz Black Dual Band Mobile Antenna - NMO Base - Requires Mount & Cable
www.hamradio.com
PulseLarsen NMOK Antenna Accessories Mounts Bumper-Body, NMOK
PulseLarsen NMOK NMO Mount - 17 Feet of RG-58/U Coax and PL-259 Connector
www.hamradio.com

I'll make sure I post in here as I get these items installed.

I need to run power back to the 3rd row area also. I’m surprised those lower panels came off wo having to pull the upper section back as well. You didn’t even have to pull the weatherstrip. Can you post a pic of where the clips are on those panels?

I need to run power back to the 3rd row area also. I’m surprised those lower panels came off wo having to pull the upper section back as well. You didn’t even have to pull the weatherstrip. Can you post a pic of where the clips are on those panels?

I did pull the weather strip loose at the rear doors on both sides just not all the way off. I don't have a pic that shows the locations of the clips other than what I already posted. When I pulled the weather strip I could see the ones by the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom