Rock Warrior TPMS and Lug Nuts Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im using some cheap lugs from Amazon, recommended here on Mud, for my Evo Corse. Definitely not the same quality as the factory style spinning seat, but they are what the application calls for. For better or worse.

Amazon product ASIN B00QLIOCIG
Getting this kit left me with four extras - three for the Dissent tire carrier, and one for the cargo box. :)
I am also using these. So far so good but I agree they are no where near the qaulity of the Mcgards or OEM.

To clarify on the lug nuts, I am not running rock warrior wheels, the method and Evo corse wheels require the extended thread (ET) Lug nuts. I havent been able to find these ET lug nuts with the washer like the Mcgard/rock warrior lug nuts have.

If anyone is looking for a set of the black Mcgard (rock warrior) lug nuts let me know.

Are you selling a set of the black ones? If so, how many?

Are you selling a set of the black ones? If so, how many?
I have a full set of 20 of the black Mcgard lug nuts plus the socket. Another member is lined up to buy them. If it falls through I’ll let you know.

Great info Charlie!

I actually think you’ll be fine without the spinning seat. The lugs designed for your type of wheel usually have a very thin section around the stud to keep things concentric and a very small angled contact face.. and I’m not even sure the angle is the same as in rock warriors.

I suspect the tendency of rock warriors to gall if there isn’t a spinning seat is caused by the metallurgy of the forged aluminum specifically. I know LOTS of aluminum wheels mount like yours without issues, despite even more contact pressure from the thinner seat.. this would usually make galling worse.

And for the record, depending on how bad it is some galling won’t necessarily ruin the wheels. The used set of rock warriors I bought used the incorrect lugs previously, doing light damage, but upon using the correct lugs it isn’t any worse.. in fact it may be getting slightly better now that it has a smooth steel surface compressing the uneven bits, without sliding across the aluminum of the wheel to make it worse. The guy gave me the lugs with the wheels and they had small chunks of aluminum bonded to the mating surface from the galling! Definitely would have gotten worse using those.

Agree. The set I saw were badly thinned though. Agree its not an automatic reject…

I have a full set of 20 of the black Mcgard lug nuts plus the socket. Another member is lined up to buy them. If it falls through I’ll let you know.

If you missed those… here is a link to Mcgard’s black version, with conical washers.

McGard 65315BK SplineDrive Black Cone Seat Lug Nuts (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) Set of 4 Amazon product ASIN B007QB5A56

Agree. The set I saw were badly thinned though. Agree its not an automatic reject…
Definitely a concern, and something that should be checked on any used RWs that are about to be purchased.

Mine were just surface damage, with maybe 1/64th erosion. Barely anything. Otherwise I would have had to keep looking.

As someone with a clear knack for acquiring these wheels, are you still finding any? Or even still looking? I'm considering selling my decent condition ones to get some Dakar Zeros that have a better offset for the slightly taller tires I want to run.

Definitely a concern, and something that should be checked on any used RWs that are about to be purchased.

Mine were just surface damage, with maybe 1/64th erosion. Barely anything. Otherwise I would have had to keep looking.

As someone with a clear knack for acquiring these wheels, are you still finding any? Or even still looking? I'm considering selling my decent condition ones to get some Dakar Zeros that have a better offset for the slightly taller tires I want to run.

Honestly, RWs are now extremely hard to find compared to a few years ago. Its been so long now that Toyota quit offering that trim package on Tundras that they’re just super scarce any more.

I no longer regularly hunt for them because the effort-to-findfind ratio is just too low. Its too bad, because I think they are nearly unbeatable for strength:weight ratio. Oh well…

Here's the research I did, saved in my notes (but please verify):

TPMS Notes

2016-2020 (came out of my 2016, and replacements confirmed to work in my 2016)
Pacific PMV-C015
Denso 550-0106 (reboxed Pacific)
Toyota 42607-48010 (reboxed Pacific)

What the Denso chart erroneously said fits my 16, and Rock Auto sold me (does not work in my 2016, techstream cannot communicate with the sensor)
Pacific PMV-C010
Denso 550-0105 (reboxed Pacific)

Here' is what TPMS.com says about the PMV-C010 - only shows fitment for 2015 Land Cruiser amongst a long list of other fitments:
Details
Lexus; ES300h, ES350; 2013 - 2018
Lexus; GS200t, GS350, GS450h, GSF, GS Turbo (AWD, F Sport, RWD); 2013 - 2018
Lexus; IS200t, IS250, IS300, IS350, IS Turbo (AWD, F Sport, RWD); 2014 - 2018
Lexus; LC500, LC500h; 2018
Lexus; LS460, LS460 L, LS500, LS600h L (AWD, F Sport, RWD); 2013 - 2018
Lexus; NX200t, NX300, NX300h, (AWD, F Sport); 2015 - 2018
Lexus, RC300, RC350, RCF, RC Turbo (AWD, F Sport, RWD); 2015 - 2018
Lexus; RX350, RX450h; 2015
*OEM part number check from dealership required
Scion; FRS; 2013 - 2016
Scion; iM; 2016
Subaru; BRZ; 2013 - 2018
Toyota; 86; 2017
Toyota; Avalon, Avalon Hybrid; 2013 - 2015
Toyota; CHR; 2018
Toyota; Corolla; 2014 - 2018
Toyota; Corolla iM; 2017 - 2018
Toyota; Camry, Camry Hybrid, Camry V6; 2012 - 2014
Toyota; Camry, Camry Hybrid, Camry V6; 2015 - 2018
Toyota; Highlander (AWD, FWD, Hybrid); 2014 - 2018

Toyota; Land Cruiser; 2015

Toyota; Mirai; 2016 - 2017
Toyota; Prius; 2015
Toyota; Prius; 2016 - 2017
Toyota; Prius C; 2012 - 2018
Toyota; Prius Prime; 2017
Toyota; Prius V; 2017
Toyota; Rav 4; 2013
Toyota; Rav 4; 2014 - 2018
Toyota; Yaris (3 Door, 5 Door); 2012 - 2018
Charlie, I have a few questions:
1. Do the original/factory TPMS sensors 2016+ fit into/on the Rock Warrior rims? Toyota part # 42607-48010.
2. I have a 2018 that uses the 42607-48010 TPMS sensors and I am getting ready to put Rock Warriors on the LC, do I need different TPMS sensors?
3. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I am going 0down the exact same path - adding new sensors to a set of RW's for my 2017 LC =
it is showing 42607-48010 as the correct sensor, and from above looks like it is confirmed to fit the RW wheel which was my worry.
Now to get 5 of them
If it fits OE aluminum wheels it’ll fit a rock warrior.
What sensor works with which year 200 is more nuanced.

If it fits OE aluminum wheels it’ll fit a rock warrior.
What sensor works with which year 200 is more nuanced.
God this is so good to know. I am about to put in an order once i get my RW's back from powdercoating. So this makes my life easier.

God this is so good to know. I am about to put in an order once i get my RW's back from powdercoating. So this makes my life easier.

Just make sure you get the correct sensor. There are 3 or 4 different models over the 200-series model run.

Just make sure you get the correct sensor. There are 3 or 4 different models over the 200-series model run.
Based on above for my 2017 the 42607-48010 is a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom