Rock sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ya'll,
I'm looking to custom fab a set of sliders for my 99 tacoma and I'm looking for some creative, simple, or just downright sick pics of some rock sliders on other tacos out there. Any and all would be appreciated, I'm not as creative as I should be. I've got some basic welding experience so I can do most of the work myself. Thanks

Eric :cheers:

i started a set yesterday and am done except for the bends on the outter bars

they are gonna look like a cross between the Deluxe from Stubbs and All Pro's (square 2x2x3/4 and 1 3/4 DOM for the 2nd supports and bent bar)

SquSlider2.gif

4518.jpg

Those look like the weld on. Am I correct? I've heard do to the alloy combo used in Taco frame that this can weaken it. I'm not sure about this, but have not heard anyone say otherwise.

the ones that i made are weld on -- actually i mounted them without the outter hoop (1 3/4 DOM) since i am a SLACKER and havnt had the DOM bent yet, but when i do i can easily mount the hoop :)

How about mounting? Is welding the sliders to the frame the only way to do it or has someone gotten creative with angle iron and bolts? I think it would have to be designed differently to take the weight of the truck but it seems possible.

I made mine with 5mm plate to form brackets to clamp to chassis, and 5mm rhs with 4mm wall tube on the outer, to finish flush witht he sidewalls of my 285's on 8" rims when looking along the car.

slider%20mounts.JPG

anti%20low%20rider.jpg

shed guy, i like your sig line.
the life of brian ranks among my favorite movies of all time.

My brothers got some from Stubb's. Never broke or cracked the frame yet. Jacked it up plenty of times on the rails. Jumped it and abused the frame more than enough. Still holding up. The sliders get touched up with spray paint after every weekend. Looks new!

I make bolt on ones for 120 and 100 series IFS trucks, and they are solid enough to pick the car up from off the ground with a hoist, by the outer tubes.

This pic doesnt show the bracket that well, but they are gusseted from the rhs back to the chassis plate.

the shed guy said:
This pic doesnt show the bracket that well, but they are gusseted from the rhs back to the chassis plate.

just replying to test..... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom