Rock and Roll? Wiggly -Jigglely (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have posted before about my suspension regarding roll, lean and I still am baffled.

I have the OME stock suspension replacement:

Dated: 7/03
861 L/H ------front left
861 R/H ------front right

Dated: 6/03
862 L/H -------- rear left
862 R/H -------- rear right

=================

I mean going over a bump on an angle faster than .5 mph will through you side to side instead of SUPPRESSING the shock! Also, when I look at the springs, the majority of the spring is compressed and not "open". I would say 2/3 to 3/4 of the spring is compressed. So are these springs too soft?

WAY too much rock and roll! this set up is only 2 years old. They don't have stiffer springs and shock setups for the smallest height.

So, did I screw up buying OME? I paid a good bit of money so I would like to think that I don't need to put ranchero shocks or anything else on there too replace because I trust this board and I thought OME systems were specifically for LCs.

Bad experience guys......Are OME warranteed?

"Supress" that "OME Stock Supension"! Show it who's boss! ;)

Do you have any other weight on your truck like armor?
What shocks are you running?
And are you using the stock sway bars?

No other weight except TJM bumper which is no where no near as heavy as an ARB. I had no problem picking it up. No winch either! The shocks are the matched ones from OME.

Never heard of OME behaving like that. :confused:

Everyone I know is more pleased with OME than anything out there. :D

Who installed it?

You say its 2 years old and you have posted before, exactly when did it start behaving in this fashion.

It's hard to tell, I think it has always behaved this way but I just didn't notice as much because it was better than stock.

A regular mechanic installed. Previous posts have confirmed they were installed on the correct sides etc.

I am just bummed because everybody is happy with theirs and my sucks!

allen_ajones said:
". I would say 2/3 to 3/4 of the spring is compressed. So are these springs too soft?

Can you post a picture of his, it may shed some light on your problem.

Your roll will be more noticeable because in lifting your truck, youi have raised it's center of gravity. Mine did the same thing after lifting it and still does it today.

Can be scary at times on the highway

BTW, did you install a caster correction kit? They drive better after the caster is corrected.

No it is not the 2" lift.

It is shortest package. which is .5 " package. No caster correction needed. I will try to get a pic.

Capt. Jim said:
Your roll will be more noticeable because in lifting your truck, youi have raised it's center of gravity. Mine did the same thing after lifting it and still does it today.

Can be scary at times on the highway

BTW, did you install a caster correction kit? They drive better after the caster is corrected.

Ahoy Capt.Jim you might want to check yours too. A lift shoud not make it a scary ride I have a 3 inch lift in mine and get very little body roll. Only thing that made a scary ride was driving around for a couple of weeks before the castor correction was done.

Aussie cruiser said:
Ahoy Capt.Jim you might want to check yours too. A lift shoud not make it a scary ride I have a 3 inch lift in mine and get very little body roll. Only thing that made a scary ride was driving around for a couple of weeks before the castor correction was done.

Yes, I agree. My problem is, I changed out my trailing arms due to an accident and haven't re-corrected the caster since. (Actually, I cannot find my bushings and have been driving it this way for a couple of years). I really need to clean my shop.

I think south Florida highways may require more evasive maneuvers than anywhere else I have driven in the world, hence the scary part. :eek:

Capt. Jim said:
Yes, I agree. My problem is, I changed out my trailing arms due to an accident and haven't re-corrected the caster since. (Actually, I cannot find my bushings and have been driving it this way for a couple of years). I really need to clean my shop.

This is something I would address ASAP just for safety sake. :eek: Especially when one considers the state in which you reside and drive.

reffug said:
This is something I would address ASAP just for safety sake. :eek: Especially when one considers the state in which you reside and drive.

Going to clean my shop today. :eek: Hopefully, those long-lost correction bushings will be in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom