1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rippin' them panels off

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Gwood, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Gwood

Gwood

Just purchased a '94 with a blown speaker in the right front door panel. Wanted to know how easy is it to remove the front door panels (and which tools are necessary) so I can drop in a pair of aftermarkets myself and forgo paying circuit city all that extra dough.

2. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

Be carefull not to pull to hard, there are a series of plastic T clips that holdthe panle on, but he door panel is made of cheap chip board and you can easily rip one of those clips through. Use somethign to pry off with.

Chris
    94LC

3. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

if you know a snap on dealer they have a really cool one that works like the panel clip pullers except it is on a scissor type mechanism so when you depress they expand on the far end. kind of pricey but they rock. failing that go harbor freight and get the interior tirm panel pry set.
    Dave

4. the shed guy

the shed guy

and here I was expecting to see a 80 or 100 getting cut up into a decent tube buggy witht hat heading... :slap:

5. Junk

Junk

[quote author=the shed guy link=board=2;threadid=7091;start=msg58801#msg58801 date=1067933891]
    and here I was expecting to see a 80 or 100 getting cut up into a decent tube buggy witht hat heading... :slap: [/quote]
    LOL, that's what I thought too. THought maybe Wench came back under another name. :'( Want to borrow plasma? :flipoff2:

6. Gwood

Gwood

Yeah..won't be rippin off the doors unless Baltimore falls into the desert. I'm starting small before working up to any serious mods. Like going from milk to beer or skoal to Kodiak. Anyways thanks to the guys with input,... now to find some speakers.