Resurrection of a 1976 FJ40 that was saved from becoming a rock crawler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was a good read.

Yep. Junked it before I knew that people would pay for anything in nearly any condition. Note that the tub was about 50% bondo and 50% steel. The bottom as all rotted out in the front and there were 4 poorly fabricated cross bars welded to keep it together. It was a mess. The floor had patched in diamond plate. At the time, I thought it was all junk......

The Weasel (synonyms - scoundrel, wretch, rogue) is perfect name given the bib plastic filler and tub discoveries. The cluster turned out perfectly...what paint did you use for it? Also, question on the window frame. Is there a small hole at top left of window frame just before it curves down? My truck does not have it and installing OEM dome light and loom and wondering if that’s where it was routed on a 76....

The Weasel (synonyms - scoundrel, wretch, rogue) is perfect name given the bib plastic filler and tub discoveries. The cluster turned out perfectly...what paint did you use for it? Also, question on the window frame. Is there a small hole at top left of window frame just before it curves down? My truck does not have it and installing OEM dome light and loom and wondering if that’s where it was routed on a 76....
Thanks for the feedback. I used paint from Cruiser Corps. They have it in rattle can. As for the window, there is a small hole about 1/2 of the way down. It’s not near the top.

Thanks for the feedback. I used paint from Cruiser Corps. They have it in rattle can. As for the window, there is a small hole about 1/2 of the way down. It’s not near the top.
Thanks. Is it half way down on the inside or outside of frame? Below is image of my windshield. If you can snap a photo that would be helpful. The dome light loom comes up the windshield frame from harness and then out that hole with grommet and a barrel connector.

E85E6C1B-DDC0-462B-88E3-FB327812FA3D.png

Ah, my wire came out at a hole in the upper left of the window frame. That is where it was when I pulled it out.

@FJDonny any chance you can snap a photo of exactly where the hole is? Also trying to determine the exact OEM size hole to match up a grommet. Thanks!

To save time...can you confirm this is location of the hole?
E421A0E0-BF55-4DB2-A1BC-443E8BB688E2.jpeg

I ended up putting hole in same spot as above image.
4541BAB8-8692-404F-A7BF-BFF5DFF3016A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom