Restoring shift indicator ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My shift indicator is faded. Any ideas to repair it? Does anyone have the ability to make a new one? What about a modified 3d printed one or something?
20210529_170009.jpg

Faded? That's like the best looking one I've ever seen. I'd like to be vulture on that one when you change it out.
yeah really... this looks 150k miles less sun than my steed.
I'm aware others may have a shifter plate that is worse than mine. I've refreshed everything else. Now I'm down to minor details. But for those who aren't as far along in their build it may seem strange to be concerned about it.

that there is an FJ80 shifter, for A440 transmission.
I didn't realize that the A440 and A343 shifters were different on the lever selection.

Learned something new today.

I didn't realize that the A440 and A343 shifters were different on the lever selection.

Learned something new today.
Yep, definitley different. Lol after driving a 91 for 5 years than switching to a 97 I kept down shifting into 2nd instead of remembering to hit the little button.

The black plastic housing is easily polished and brought back to like new,
I just forget what product I used (Mequires Plastic Polish??)

The shift indicator strip above looks good, but once they start to delaminate (bubbles appear) or the color flakes off the backside they cannot easily be fixed but as that strip is a clear plastic with the lettering and background printed on I'm guessing there's someone out there that could print new indicator strips.

:idea:

I recently had mine apart and had a similar issue. I just took it apart, brushed the loose and flaking pieces off, put on my magnifying glasses, and painted it black. I used a fine tip brush and black acrylic craft paint. Came out looking better than it did going in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom