Request opinion on one-off 2F heat shield for throttle body fuel injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.
Putting throttle body fuel injection on 2F. Didn't want to spend bunch of money on the little metal exhaust manifold cover by the firwall so got some 16 gauge sheet metal with a verticle piece curled around by the firewall. Do any experts out there see any problems with this?

IMG_0127.jpg

I did the same thing. Want to keep heat from the Sniper. Figured something was better than nothing.
sniper heat shield 2.jpg
sniper heat shield.jpg

Did mine with aluminum I had laying around and put some high temp stick-on insuIating/raidiant barrier on the bottom. I also added a phenolic spacer under the Sniper. Does it help? I dunno, I guess. After a few hours it gets plenty hot just like everything else under the hood. I figure it can't hurt.

HeatShield 01.jpg

HeatShield 02.jpg

HeatShield 03.jpg

HeatShield 04.jpg

Steamer, I would think your black cable mounting bracket should be bent downward since travel on the throttle body linkage arm is rearward and downward, this would make the throttle cable feed into the cable housing a lot smoother.

Steamer, I would think your black cable mounting bracket should be bent downward since travel on the throttle body linkage arm is rearward and downward, this would make the throttle cable feed into the cable housing a lot smoother.
Jim, although the angle of the pic exaggerates it some, you are right. Also, it’s an old pic. I kept count and I’ve made 10 brackets so far and I’m still not done. Right now, it’s sporting two cables for hand throttle control which works fairly well but a bit two sensitive for my liking. I to need raise the air filter for the next setup. BTW, that custom length cable assembly you made for me is working great!

Hi all.
Putting throttle body fuel injection on 2F. Didn't want to spend bunch of money on the little metal exhaust manifold cover by the firwall so got some 16 gauge sheet metal with a verticle piece curled around by the firewall. Do any experts out there see any problems with this?

View attachment 2577756
Do you happen to have a link for the heat shield material on your firewall,?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom