Repro data tags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone

I have a 1958 Toyopet and I have a contact that is making me a repro from an original one minimum order is 20 and will cost you $120.00 for all 20 of them I should have a couple of them next week for proof than I will have 18 more to follow. The guy that is doing mine has no problem doing the repro.

Thanks
Frenchy

My ID tag is almost like the fj see below. I work for Toyota for the last 30 years and I cannot get anyone at Toyota to help me locate parts they are not very help full sad to say for my 1958 Toyopet which is the second oldest known in the US

Type R MADE IN jAPAN

TOYOPET
Model
Number of cylinders 4
Bore 77.0 mm
Stroke 78.0 mm
Piston Displacement 1453 cc
Engine NO
Frame NO
TOYOTA MOTOR Co. LTD
Aichi Pref JAPAN .

Take care
Frenchy

Is this still something that can be had? I have a fj45 missing the plate on the firewall. I have all the paperwork and the frame is stamped. But the plate was removed aggressively by the previous owner... so... I am looking for a new one. 1964 fj45.

Hello Cruiser heads. I am trying to replace a missing VIN plate as well. 1968 FJ40. Was a good source ever found after all those posts? Seems that the style changed from year to year(?). I have found a repro source on ebay. (indonesia) but I do not know what style a '68 had. Any help appreciated.

Looking for someone to reproduce an early data plate. Any ideas? I found a few vendors online advertising some tags but they are not great quality and don’t match up.

I don't stamp them. But I belive somewhere in the thread is a guy that does
Yea pretty sure that is @ToyotaMatt and he is not able to do it. There is a group I was referred to in Europe but they have not gotten back to me. Plenty of people can print the plate but so far I’ve not had any luck finding someone who can do the correct stamping.

The owner of the engraving shop i worked at part time DIED of covid 2 marchs ago

the shop and all equipment was sold off over night ........

i was robbed of my passion for making those killer kool plates by COVID 19

sucks !

but sadly thats the 411

i have afew blanks remaining

i SAVED 2 of every blank plate i ever made in case one day a shop were to find me again ?

time will tell

we shall see

the BLACK INK on the plates comes from a real OCTUPUS in the ocean ..............LOST ART ............ :confused:

Maybe I mis understood the question ?

I have a few of these still remaining

9671CD75-D466-4047-A7D0-4C0A0D514814.jpeg
56D8DB51-5C66-4420-A4F2-2EF9872B4214.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom