Repro data tags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steve you got it, Sorry a 40 guy lurking in the 25 zone. Yeah I need the jamb tag, I think the jamb tag is a different size, Skinnier. I need to get my 40 registered in Ohio. It has been registered here before, has clean OH title. but it has been out of commision for like 6 years. while Me and 2 POs farted around with it. I am wondering if I can just walk in with the title and have the new registration issued..

My next problem is that this vehicle may be transfered to Michigan. I would need to have it re registered there, and Probably inspected? I dont want a missing jamb tag to jam me up. (like the pun)

My next question, maybe for datatags is. Since I am not looking to restore this, could they make a duplicate of the one I already have?

Thanks Guys.

talk to em. www.datatags.com

As for VIN's, in my state, you need to have two matching VINS on the vehicle. One is on the firewall tag and one is on the frame horn. I'm not sure if 40's have the one on the passenger frame horn.

DOH! I just went to the website and they're address is now in Colorado??? WTF?

On the 40 there is a vin plate on the passenger inner fender, one in the door. Then the frame horn is stamped. Then the engine casting which is visible.

Problem is PO Fawking welded POS channel iron for front ram/ bumper look stupid POS. boogering up the frame horn stamp:(

Any decent sign painter with a plotter should be able to cut out numerous paint masks for this. All you'd need to do is to get the brushed aluminum from somewhere. This isn't rocket-science afterall.

zetasig said:
Steve you got it, Sorry a 40 guy lurking in the 25 zone.

Hey, zetasig - - come lurking anytime you want. We enjoy the company.

I don't know about where you're at, but here in Georgia, I just walked into the DMV with my bill of sale and they issued me a registration/title after an inspector signed off on my sole frame VIN number.

By the way, my door jam tag on my FJ40 is a little faded, but I still might be able to snap some photos of it for duplication reference if you need it. Let me know.

Problem for me is my original tag for the 1960 is the later style, stamped 1962! Don't know if this was done later, or at the time of sale, because the other has a tag under a screw (but I can't make out the year). :rolleyes: Anybody know exactly when the design changed?

Mike, I don't think I ever loaned you the dash tags.....

Well I got the fenderwell tag and put it in the place where the jam tag was, Its the same exact size. So for information purposes the fender and jam tags are the same.

I will need to get the cruiser registered in about a month or less. It should be together and road worthy, hopefully in two weeks.

We will see what happens. Worst Case, is I am going to put the fender tag where the jam one goes and roll with it,

My worry is that this is a summer only, no top or doors vehicle, and some smart ass will steal it.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Problem for me is my original tag for the 1960 is the later style, stamped 1962! Don't know if this was done later, or at the time of sale, because the other has a tag under a screw (but I can't make out the year). :rolleyes: Anybody know exactly when the design changed?

Mike, I don't think I ever loaned you the dash tags.....

Jim,

I have same, mine is 1959 (According to VIN) but stamped 1962 and registered as 1962 and also the tag is later style with TRD engraved in it.

So John III does your 61 FJ40 have the Painted black VIN plate or the later aluminum colored one? My two oldest 25 have the black VINs the two newer ones have the aluminum color ones, all are from 1960. Then my early 61 FJ40 is black again:confused:

John

VIN Plate Fun!

OK just to prove this is totally arbitrary (plate type and year) here are my three consecutive VINs. Note the motor numbers are not consecutive, and the two that are, go in the opposite order of the VIN! I highlighted the differences between the plates in red. In order:

Frame: 0-FJ25-20847 Model: 1962 Type: FJ25L Engine: F122675 Silver Plate

Frame: 0-FJ25-20848L Model: 1961 Type: FJ25LC Engine: F122650 Silver Plate

Frame: 0-FJ25-20849 Model: 1960 Type: FJ25L Engine: F122649 Black Plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom