Replacing the leather seat covers on the FJ80 or LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, anyone out there ever replaced the leather seat covers on the FJ80 or LX450 is there a preferred place to buy them?

Thanks,
jack

I have LSEAT leather in my LX450 and 97 Land Cruiser. There are other brands out there that are quite a bit more expensive, but LSeat are the best bang for my buck. $350 for 2 front seats, both door door armrests and the center console.

I have LSEAT leather in my LX450 and 97 Land Cruiser. There are other brands out there that are quite a bit more expensive, but LSeat are the best bang for my buck. $350 for 2 front seats, both door door armrests and the center console.
Wow sounds great, but have you heard about Specter Off-Road, Inc.?

I just looked them up. $1665 for the same thing you get from LSeat for $350... plus you might want to have a pro install them for you. Im sure they are very nice... but the extra $1300 spent on those fancy leathers could buy a bumper or a locker or a lift kit or and old Honda Civic that is good on gas. Good luck with your seats.

You can read up on the LSeat option on the forum. Some have reported very fast wear and the lack of durability in some cases is the most obvious downside that I've seen to them as an option.

Mosley Motors out of Memphis TN is one source that I've heard good things about but I don't know if they have any available covers at this point, maybe someone with current info can weigh in on this option.

I went with Mosley Motors leather for my first and second row. I couldn’t be happier with the result but I am concerned that everything appears out of stock and my most recent email to them went on answered. Perhaps somebody else could chime in?

5245AEC0-C460-42C1-8BF9-198C6A25586C.jpeg
F2173EC9-440D-4875-897F-E6F8A4C0479D.jpeg
0CBBE792-45AA-4CD2-AF02-A4D067A9875F.jpeg

5F502CDD-513D-4AE6-9600-EF368872DAED.jpeg

I just looked them up. $1665 for the same thing you get from LSeat for $350... plus you might want to have a pro install them for you. Im sure they are very nice... but the extra $1300 spent on those fancy leathers could buy a bumper or a locker or a lift kit or and old Honda Civic that is good on gas. Good luck with your seats.
Thank!

I got the front and second row set from Land Cruiser Heaven. I've installed the second row, and have started the front passenger seat. I'm happy with the quality of the LCH set - it includes arm rests for all 4 doors and the center console.

My passenger seat is on the bench waiting for me to figure out how best to install the seat heater elements that I also purchased with the kit.

Side-by-side of the second row seats:

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg

Note the seat back of the LCH kit is leather and OEM is vinyl.
IMG_0877.jpeg

Not sure why the bottom cloth is such a different color, but it didn't bother me.
IMG_0878.jpeg

I got the front and second row set from Land Cruiser Heaven. I've installed the second row, and have started the front passenger seat. I'm happy with the quality of the LCH set - it includes arm rests for all 4 doors and the center console.

My passenger seat is on the bench waiting for me to figure out how best to install the seat heater elements that I also purchased with the kit.

View attachment 3146006

View attachment 3146007

View attachment 3146008

Not sure why the bottom cloth is such a different color, but it didn't bother me.
View attachment 3146009

View attachment 3146006

View attachment 3146007

View attachment 3146008

View attachment 3146009
Sweet!

I bought seat covers for my 96 LX450 from Mosley Motors as well - front and rear seats, headrests, armrests and center console. Then had everything professionally installed. Leather was super quality and it is wearing well after 12 months or so. The whole set wasn't cheap (I can't remember the cost for the set plus installation), but the finished product doesn't look cheap either.

I bought seat covers for my 96 LX450 from Mosley Motors as well - front and rear seats, headrests, armrests and center console. Then had everything professionally installed. Leather was super quality and it is wearing well after 12 months or so. The whole set wasn't cheap (I can't remember the cost for the set plus installation), but the finished product doesn't look cheap either.
I tried to get a hold of Mosley, but they haven’t emailed me back do they have a phone number?

^^^I tried with them as well, they never responded. I went a different direction and installed genuine sheepskins up front and have no regrets.

I went with Mosley Motors leather for my first and second row. I couldn’t be happier with the result but I am concerned that everything appears out of stock and my most recent email to them went on answered. Perhaps somebody else could chime in?

View attachment 3145159View attachment 3145160View attachment 3145161
View attachment 3145162
Hi, I'm doing this project in my 80 right now. Do you have any pics or any knowledge you want to share about where/how you attached the front part of the leather onto the front seat frame? It is definitely different than the OEM way they were installed.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm doing this project in my 80 right now. Do you have any pics or any knowledge you want to share about where/how you attached the front part of the leather onto the front seat frame? It is definitely different than the OEM way they were installed.

Thanks in advance!
Man, I can't help you there I'm afraid. I just had a local upholstery shop install my leather so I didn't see how the sausage was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom