Replacement Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'90 HDJ81. Having some issues with my trusty factory winch. With the price od other winches today, has anyone found a good non-factory replacement winch, i.e. Warn, Ramsey, etc., that would fit in the same factory location?

If so, since I live in Vancouver BC, (Rainy) Im concerned any other sort of winch would be overly exposed in that location and just rot in place.

Thoughts? Am i being foolish and should i just repair my trusty OEM winch?

@reddog90 is selling a nice Ramsey winch, though he's in Houston - shipping might be high for you (if he's even willing to ship it).

Vintage Ramsey Winch

Shromani is the factory Toyota winch electric or PTO? 24 volt?

Warn is a solid brand, with a low cost ("VR") line and a higher end line ("M" series).

Superwinch is a great electric winch brand, with both low end and higher level models.

Comeup is a newer brand with some early positive reviews.

Good luck!

I live in B.C. This is why I got myself a ComeUp Seal winch. Very well made winch and extremely well sealed. They run them non-stop in an aquarium during trade shows to prove the point. Although ComeUp seems to be a new company, they have been manufacturing winches (industrial/consumer) since the mid 70's. They have been an OEM for other brands such as Superwinch.

If you've got any questions about any WARN winches, don't hesitate to reach out. We offer a host of winches that'd be great on your vehicle, including our waterproof WARN ZEON winches, classic M8-S or M8274, or our VR lineup. Happy to help with any inquiries you might have.

-Andy

I don't think there is any question that a 'new' winch (besides offering a warranty) is going to provide 'improvements' and newer technology than winches of yesteryear. (The Warn 8274 being a possible exception). Unless you are a purist....I would look at replacing the Factory winch.

Thank you for your comments. So the goal is to find one that fits in the factory location, and one that would survive the exposure being located under the front bumper. There is lots of water from road spray and muddy water from wet off roading. Not a nice environment for a winch compared to being covered and traditionally mounted on top of bumper.

So I'll investigate the ComeUp Seal, Warn Zeon and others I may find.

Anyone know which models even fit in that location?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom