Replacement Seat Options and Mounting Ideas for 80-Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are 3 slots for height adjustment on each feet. I installed them so they're about the same height as before, so you could go a notch or 2 lower.

View attachment 1057135 I recently installed the Procar Elite Lumbar seats in my 97 lx450. Scat does makes brackets for them but it took 6 weeks to get them, so I made up some brackets on my own.
Rich, also how does the color compare? Looks like you have beige factory interior. Thx bro

finally got one seat mounted. built my own adapters to mount the baja ss to the corbeau mounts. if you buy the baja jp, it bolts directly to the seat mounts. had to tweak the mounting tabs on the brackets a little bit to make them line up with the factory bolt holes in the floor but, other than that, they bolted right up. they have a tab welded on for the factory seat belt receiver as well.
IMAG0843.jpg
IMAG0844.jpg
IMAG0846.jpg
IMAG0845.jpg

SCAT shows those brackets for a '91-'96 4-Runner. Are the seats the same from 4-Runner to LC 80?

that was my question exactly.....

yeah, if the brackets work for an 80 I'd pull the trigger on the driver's seat. I am not welding yet so would rather not learn working out the geometry of my driver's seat mounts..

Well here is what I got from SCAT:

Bob, The part numbers for the 93 Toyota LandCruiser are 81988 for the driver side and 81989 for the passenger side. These seat adapters are available for $89 each.
Jonathan Gonzalez
SCAT Enterprises, Inc.

So according to SCAT, the 4Runner and the Landcruiser are the same. How hard would it be then to list the LC in the catalog?

My 80 came with a nasty as in dirty factory manual seats. After getting them upholstered and stuffed I wasn't happy with the comport or look. So I installed a set of Corbeau Baja RS, Suspension Seat, Black Vinyl.

They came in pairs and was a simple cheap fix to what seemed to be a complicated search at the time.

Also got the brackets and new seat belts from them to make life easy.

I'm happy with the seats. Drove 16 hours in them a while back was fine.

Have a nice sheep wool cushion on the seat which helps I guess. Plan on making a complete back and seat cover from that stuff. It's great.

I got them in vinyl for easy cleaning. Only issue with the vinyl is that it's hot especially with the smittybilt GEAR universal seat cover.

The seats fit well even with the central fridge console. The smittybilt seat cover has made the seat belt a bit tight on the driver side.

My only issue with the receiver on the seat belts is that they are very high and tend to come over into the seat once connected.

These are my second Corbeau seats I got. Generally happy with them but have been told that the Recaro seats are the best, mastercraft have also been suggested.

But the main reason was that Corbeau have a complete solution out the box.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429535220.186996.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429535234.018331.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429535247.171938.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429535276.705364.jpg

Will send more pictures of the from the front once I'm home.

Thanks for sharing. Tho a bit hard to see the seat under all the bags and machete : )

Thanks for sharing. Tho a bit hard to see the seat under all the bags and machete : )

Here you go

They also fit a booster seat for my kids

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429538958.516575.jpg

The space between the passenger seat and the pillar.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539008.567630.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539038.887254.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539052.152109.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539071.703634.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539087.904743.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539130.678907.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539147.293869.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539160.444685.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539174.145577.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539254.165619.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539274.433751.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539290.251729.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539308.720554.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429539323.488896.jpg

That's it.

nice - thanks for the photos! so do you feel they are much more comfortable than stock? I'm looking for comfort / ergo. used Recaros are at the top of the list, but I'd consider these if they survive the road trip test

nice - thanks for the photos! so do you feel they are much more comfortable than stock? I'm looking for comfort / ergo. used Recaros are at the top of the list, but I'd consider these if they survive the road trip test

Yes more ergonomic but can't say much for the comfort level as My stock seats had seen better days.

My trip was 8 hrs going and 8 hrs back all done in 24hrs. Was fine and firm. But solid. I'm about 170 cm short and around 75 kg. they fit me like a glove.

I think you should put a cushion under you for added comfort.

As these are only my long term temporary solution and will eventually go into a fj40, I would spend more on getting something better.

There are three things I believe are worth spending money on. Your bed, your office chair and your car seat. You are nothing without your back.

I'm was looking for leather factory seats and couldn't find any locally. But have since heard I can get some in dubai at the junk yard. So was gonna get some on my next trip there. But from what I'm reading people don't seem to think they are comfortable.

yeah you're preaching to the choir Mclad - I had an L4-L5 discectomy and ergonimics are one of the things I most appreciate. have the bed and the office chair, now time for the car seat. going to continue searching for the right used recaros.

thanks for the input, and sorry All for the thread hijack

J

Just to be clear. With the Corbeau seat, no modification was necessary in every aspect of the installation? Like plug and play for us with no metal works skill. Thanks.

My 80 came with a nasty as in dirty factory manual seats. After getting them upholstered and stuffed I wasn't happy with the comport or look. So I installed a set of Corbeau Baja RS, Suspension Seat, Black Vinyl.

They came in pairs and was a simple cheap fix to what seemed to be a complicated search at the time.

Also got the brackets and new seat belts from them to make life easy.

I'm happy with the seats. Drove 16 hours in them a while back was fine.

Have a nice sheep wool cushion on the seat which helps I guess. Plan on making a complete back and seat cover from that stuff. It's great.

I got them in vinyl for easy cleaning. Only issue with the vinyl is that it's hot especially with the smittybilt GEAR universal seat cover.

The seats fit well even with the central fridge console. The smittybilt seat cover has made the seat belt a bit tight on the driver side.

My only issue with the receiver on the seat belts is that they are very high and tend to come over into the seat once connected.

These are my second Corbeau seats I got. Generally happy with them but have been told that the Recaro seats are the best, mastercraft have also been suggested.

But the main reason was that Corbeau have a complete solution out the box.

View attachment 1064362View attachment 1064363View attachment 1064364
View attachment 1064365

Will send more pictures of the from the front once I'm home.

Just to be clear. With the Corbeau seat, no modification was necessary in every aspect of the installation? Like plug and play for us with no metal works skill. Thanks.

Plug and play all the way.

Well a bit of a struggle to get it over the carpet but a good snug fit.

finally got around to putting the passenger seat in. the corbeau bracket with the slider installed will not fit over the rear heat unit. the release handle and spring hits the heater unit and i didnt feel comfortable spacing the sliders up far enough for that to clear so i flipped the sliders around and put the track with the handle closest to the outside of the truck. it puts the release handle under the back of the seat but its not a problem for me since the seat doesnt need to be moved. i still had to space the tracks up a little bit to clear the heater.
IMAG0870.jpg
IMAG0871.jpg
IMAG0872.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom