lx450 hydro assist pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wanted to post some pics and info about my hydro assist set up. there wasnt much info out there about how well the stock 80 steering system works with hydro assist so im posting my experience so far. i had redneck ram (west texas offroad) rebuild my box with a new sector shaft and seals from toyota and then port and tap it for the assist. i put a trail gear resevoir on and two cheap summit racing p/s coolers. so far this setup is awesome. the pump seems to keep up just fine. i can turn my 37x13.5 rockers (with 5psi in them) on the pavement sitting still with ease. i have a spool and drive flanges and before the assist i had trouble turning the wheel even when i was moving. i should have done this a long time ago, worth every penny! heres a few pics although my ram is mounted on a d60.
IMAG0128.jpg
IMAG0126.jpg
IMAG0129.jpg

3 link pics

the upper link mount on the axle was questionable at first but has held up through a lot of hard wheeling. ive had the front end off the ground numerous times and come down on it full throttle with no problems so far. i built it out of scrap pieces laying around the garage.
IMAG0137.jpg
IMAG0134.jpg
IMAG0133.jpg

Wow so pretty awesome on all accounts. Lets see a pic of the whole rig. And some flex pics. How you liking the 3 link? You didnt like stock front axle???

are you using the stock frame mounts for your lowers? location and all? stock front axle is going to have to go at some point. R&P at the very least.

im not sure what the ome numbers are for my springs but its the man-a-fre 3in front 2in rear with metaltech spacers in the front also.

So you have roughly 5 inches of lift in the front and do not have any clearance issues with the the upper link when articulating the suspension?

Does the upper link axle mount tuck up between the frame and motor on the passenger side when stuffed?

Sorry for the questions

Thanks

never had problems with the front axle. i twisted the splines on one rear axle shaft and knew what direction my truck was headed so i put the 60 and 14b under it instead of spending more money on the stockers.

love the 3 link. so much better than the stock setup. ill get some flex pics up soon.

lowers are mounted to the stock lca location. i had to widen the mounts a little to get the ballistic joints to fit. moved the axle forward around 2.5 to 3 inches.

its supposed to be 5in but i think my springs are sagging (i had an arb bumper at first and beat on the truck pretty hard). the front still sits slightly lower than the rear. no clearance issues with the 3rd link. ill get some pics of where it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom