Replacement Leather Upholstery Kits (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a wheel I can send you.:grinpimp:

Here’s an installed pic of another 40th kit, and his installer had the same comments on the quality.

View attachment 2034745

He also put in a steering wheel we had recovered. Trying to keep these in stock as most are in bad shape at this point.

View attachment 2034746

VERY NICE! My kit is inbound soon. An references for Nor- Cal?

And um,.....I did not know you did wheels!!!!!! I was just about to order an OEM. Cost and how please!?!

Nvrmnd, found on your site.

Last edited:
are these too big or does the foam need to be replaced? These pics don't look good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I should have clarified - those covers are just placed in my truck for a picture. That’s not an installed pic!

Having my 1st and 2nd row installed this Monday and will post pics. One thing to note, there is a difference in color between the vinyl and leather for those on the fence for the 100% leather kit. Looking at the factory seat, it also has a color difference as well. If you have the money, do the all leather. I am a bit color blind and didn't notice until the install shop pointed it out to me. Hoping it will be less noticeable after they are in the truck. I will be happy regardless.

Last edited:
Have you been able to do a 93-94 steering wheel yet? I’d love to get mine done. I have a spare if you need one for a test run. The others look awesome!

I have not had a 93-94 wheel done yet. You and @cruiserdan should do a group buy and send them in together :grinpimp:

Last edited:
:hmm:

Group buy sounds good to me. How many early steering wheels do you need to get them going? Would the original rubber and foam need to be removed or would the leather go over it?

Group buy sounds good to me. How many early steering wheels do you need to get them going? Would the original rubber and foam need to be removed or would the leather go over it?

I can have them done individually. I think the rubber would probably stay, as I doubt it could be removed without damaging the foam. If the rubber/foam has become loose from the metal core, it would be re-bonded first. If it’s firmly attached, that saves a few dollars.

Here’s a picture of what I would expect the finished product to look like*:

C010B86E-D988-49A4-92B7-91B012D9F2DE.jpeg

*picture is a customer’s wheel that a (non-Toyota) OEM supplier recovered for fun/as a favor. I do not have access to this upholsterer.

@FJ60Cam gotcha. both wheels have the rubber/foam intact. I just checked out your website. I didn’t know you were in Memphis. I have a few friends near by in MS it would be a good excuse to visit them and check out your shop if that’s an option. Do you think the cost will be about the same as the newer style wheel? Thanks

@FJ60Cam gotcha. both wheels have the rubber/foam intact. I just checked out your website. I didn’t know you were in Memphis. I have a few friends near by in MS it would be a good excuse to visit them and check out your shop if that’s an option. Do you think the cost will be about the same as the newer style wheel? Thanks

I’m thinking cost will be the same. Give me a shout if you’re headed this way!

Finally have installed pics of a 60 series set. These were made in the Rustic Brown with contrast stitching.

E907B5EE-FDFE-49A4-8D72-EABC1BA5AE8F.jpg

8FF5E8B4-5D28-4EA1-BA7E-8FE50608E8E2.jpg

The kits come with the middle strip for the door panel. The customer ordered some additional vinyl and his upholsterer rebuilt his door panels...

BE5626EB-9E95-4927-9419-5557654A8296.jpg

0F750A2E-E08D-4160-BF62-3415C0D961A9.jpg

Here’s a couple more. First, the dark brown with contrast stitching, in 100% leather:

700FB458-9EB2-4093-A8B0-C41ACA7F6703.jpeg

Then a 40th set, that is set up for the seat coolers:

B45E7555-F87A-4468-A55F-82D0E579C179.jpeg

Here’s the reticulated foam, which allows the air to flow through to the perforations:

C7B31ABC-9CBE-4830-8512-09CD49678BB4.jpeg

D20A8AE3-DDB0-44C2-8BB9-045DE06E7748.jpeg

Look great! Any plans for the 200 LC/LX570? For LX570, it already has ventilated seats, however they're almost worthless, any ideas for updates?

Look great! Any plans for the 200 LC/LX570? For LX570, it already has ventilated seats, however they're almost worthless, any ideas for updates?

Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn’t make anything for the 200 series. Since those all came with leather originally and (I’m assuming) the factory leather is still available, there isn’t a market for them.

I don’t have any experience with the 200 series system, but I’m guessing the 200 series cooled seats are like the ones we had in our Lexus LS430 - they had a temp knob, but the fan seemed to only have one very low speed. Heat was slow to work and I always turned the cooling to max.

The Katzkin/Gentherm coolers are the opposite - there is a fan adjustment, but no temp adjustment. Low speed seems to be about the same as the constant output of LS430 coolers in cooling mode, and the heat works faster/better. The fan does make fan noise on medium & high cooling though.

I suppose they could be switched out and installed in the factory seats, but am not going to recommend it until I’ve experienced the 200 seats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom