Replacement Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, need quick advice. Going to change out mine before Mr. Cold sets in. I have a stock rig, nothing extra. I WILL be putting in a cb this spring but at this point nothing extra for equipment to power. What does everyone like? I have an Interstate battery place down the street so I may just go with them. What do I need for CCA's. I did some prev searches but just wanted to see if anyone had tried something new they like.

Thanks in advance-

Mark

I have an interstate battery and happy with it. I hear the optima gel batteries are the supreme but you pay for it probably double. However, I went to the Optima website and they ddnt carry a battery for the LC, but I know many have them. If your in extreme environments I would consider it.

Hey MArk,

Depends upon how much you want to spend. If you are just using the truck pretty much stock, no severe off-road, and are okay with a standard flooded electolyte battery, I'd recomend an Interstate Megatron Plus..

http://www.ibsa.com/estore/view_pro...mscssid=4X5WB2HT7F1A8M687EW9EKGU95XP986B&js=1

Interstate's Search function recomended the MTP-24 in the link above for the 4.5 liter Land Cruisers. Its a good battery, and can usually be had for around $80.00. I called my local Interstate distribution center and they quoted me $74.95 for this exact battery a few months back...

I have a Toyota True Start that fits well and seems really strong, cant go wrong with Toyota replacement if everything is stock.

Guys, thanks for the feedback already. Ok, so the local yota dealership claims that Toyota batteries are ACTUALLY Interstate batteries with the Toyota badging of course... Ummm.... DAN???!!!!!!! Can someone confirm this?

Tank said:
Guys, thanks for the feedback already. Ok, so the local yota dealership claims that Toyota batteries are ACTUALLY Interstate batteries with the Toyota badging of course... Ummm.... DAN???!!!!!!! Can someone confirm this?

NOT TO START SAYING SEARCH AGAIN ALL THE TIME, BUT PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ SOME OF THE OTHER THREADS IN THIS WONDERLAND FORUM?

Please, do us a favor and sometimes , especially if all you are doing is confirming something, click the SEARCH button.

Yeah Scott I called the shop down the street. Quoted me 73+ tax....same battery as you have above. The wif wants to just buy a EverStart with a CCA of 540!!!!! I told her 4 years from now when she's not sitting on the side of the road, she'll thank me. Actually Exide makes EverStart but the CCA's for the area I live in are too low for me....

Sorry Junk-

Thanks again everyone.

Mark

Not at all, since the site has been revamped the search fuction is great. Easy to find stuff. Just haven't posted in sometime so I kinda spaced it. Besides, it would't be the same if you didn't slam me Junkster...

Later-

Tank - Dan has confirmed this previously in another thread which I'm sure you'll find if you care to.

Yep, found it. Thanks Scamp-

Mark

Measure twice...install once...

My original Panasonic battery died right after I bought my '96 last July...

I tried to find an Optima at Pep Boys, but they didn't have the reversed terminal config I needed, so went with a store brand...

It was about 1.5" shorter than the Panasonic, and much to my chagrin, I found that the battery cables had very little slack (i.e., about none) in them, and wouldn't seat flush on the terminals... :doh:

I used a few pieces of 1'x1' to fab a little platform to sit the new battery on... :idea:

Not a biggie...but something to take a look at.

:)

Andy

True Start=Interstate

Me I like the Excide Oribtals

I will NEVER buy another Optima

Odysseys are nice but spendy but do work for aplications where a normal or even gell bat won't. But unless you need it for a special aplication I don't see the need.

Dont know if this is the case, but from the Interstate website, it seems like the StrueStarts are the Workaholic models (black casing - 675CCA) vs the Interstate MegaTron+ (white - 800CCA).

Wal-Mart has an Everstart MAXX-1 or something like that. CCA is around 900, I think. Around $60 with a 3 year free replacement. Only problem is the terminals are reversed, so you will have to pull the cable out somewhat to reach. The fuse thingy (technical term) on the postive side will need to be pulled through to the inside of the battery case in order to connect the positive cable.

I've been running one for over 3 years now with no problems, and I have quite a bit of extra electrical stuff, including a winch.

Bob

Thanks everyone for the replies. Picked up the MTP-24 at the Interstate place down from me. As always, you guys are a great help

Mark

Excide Orbital. Fits great-plenty of CCA. Never go back now that I am "gellin":D

I know alot of people don't like them for whatever reason but I love the dual OPTIMA set up on my rig. Lots of electrical extras and never had any problems whatsoever. Just my 02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom