Reno Land Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Rusty,

Any day good for you, just call ahead?

Chicago

Thanks Rusty,

Any day good for you, just call ahead?

Chicago

Friday, that is to say tonight.
I was just informed I am busy Saturday. :rolleyes:
And I plan on a test ride in the 40 sometime Sunday if the weather clears by then.

Hhttps://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1527747#post1527747ey Reno Boyz...check it out,

Here is a link that works. SnT2006 'cause Dan sucks at the interweb.:flipoff2:

...Hey I resemble that remark :D Just got back from 8-1/2 hours on the road...from SnT of course...totally worth it inspite of a beach full of smoke and loud ATVs at 4:30AM:rolleyes: The full moon set over the Pacific at 6:00AM this morning was amazing to a mountain guy!

The dune runs were incredible...gotta get you guys down there next year for sure!!!

...Hey I resemble that remark :D Just got back from 8-1/2 hours on the road...from SnT of course...totally worth it inspite of a beach full of smoke and loud ATVs at 4:30AM:rolleyes: The full moon set over the Pacific at 6:00AM this morning was amazing to a mountain guy!

The dune runs were incredible...gotta get you guys down there next year for sure!!!

Glad you had a great time. I just couldn't make it this year, the job took me out of town. Maybe next year.

p.s.: Where's the pics?

Jack

Glad you had a good time! Id really like to go to that next year!

Rusty,
I called you back after you called me. My cell is in a BAD way!
I didnt end end up crawling out of the garage till 5 PM last noc, and we had a dinner to get to. I had meant to call you, it just got later than I had expected! Had to make a last minute run to Sears to get a 2 1/8 in socket to get my LH retaining nut off the spindle...43.00 for one socket!!!!!! Oh well, it will be good to have it around.

I have pics up of the SOA project on the 60 series board. Nothing too cool yet, just the tear down of the front end. What an eye opening experience the knuckels are! Takes more time to clean than it does to get it apart.

Chicago

I told you that once you took it apart, you would see how it all works. Looks intimidating in the books, much better when it's in front of you.

Jack

Glad you had a great time. I just couldn't make it this year, the job took me out of town. Maybe next year.

p.s.: Where's the pics?

Jack

I'll post up the few I took...for some reason I didn't take 10% the pics I thought I would...but they're all seared into my memory (big help for anyone else huh?!).

Glad you had a good time! Id really like to go to that next year!

Rusty,
I called you back after you called me. My cell is in a BAD way!
I didnt end end up crawling out of the garage till 5 PM last noc, and we had a dinner to get to. I had meant to call you, it just got later than I had expected! Had to make a last minute run to Sears to get a 2 1/8 in socket to get my LH retaining nut off the spindle...43.00 for one socket!!!!!! Oh well, it will be good to have it around.

I have pics up of the SOA project on the 60 series board. Nothing too cool yet, just the tear down of the front end. What an eye opening experience the knuckels are! Takes more time to clean than it does to get it apart.

Chicago
I have a 2 1/8" socket you could have borrowed.
You can check with me on most any tool you may need. I agree the nut socket is something you should have, especialy in your trail tool kit. But if you just want to get something done, I can loan you a tool and save you the time of stopping in the middle of a project to make a tool run. Or if you need something like my big torque wrench.

We made a couple of runs up the road behind the HS Sunday. First just to check the Orion fix then we went all the way over to Louse Town Road and looped back over Hells Flat to the power station road. The 40 did really well. I think I have the tire air down pressure dialed in at last. 7 PSI:eek: I'm jonesing to get up to Bronc and flex it out now.

Jake decided he just had to play with the horses by Hells Flat. He got within a few feet of a big mare with two colts. You could see her lower her head and lay her ears back. Jake ran back to us like a bat out of hell. :D We were relieved, I was sure he was going to get the snot kicked out of him. It didn't take much to keep him close after that. Normaly he responds to the recall command pretty well, but lately he has been acting like a teenage kid. Which at almost three I guess he is.

Sounds like a fun event. I enjoyed the pictures linked on the 80's mail list.
The one with 200 Cruisers lined up on the beach was impressive.

Rusty,
Im glad to hear that your t case dilema is solved! You seriously aired down to 7 PSI?! WOW! Id be scared of breaking the bead, but I think the 62 is about double the weight of your 40!
Thanks for the offer on the tools! I will be taking you up on that, in fact, do you have a pitman arm puller?! I got a pickle fork, but it isnt wide enough for the pitman arm.
It sure was a beautiful day for wheelin yesterday!

Chicago

Rusty,
Im glad to hear that your t case dilema is solved! You seriously aired down to 7 PSI?! WOW! Id be scared of breaking the bead, but I think the 62 is about double the weight of your 40!
Thanks for the offer on the tools! I will be taking you up on that, in fact, do you have a pitman arm puller?! I got a pickle fork, but it isnt wide enough for the pitman arm.
It sure was a beautiful day for wheelin yesterday!

Chicago

I'll have to check on the puller. I broke one pulling my pitman arm off a Grand Cherokee at P&P and I'm not sure I replaced it.

7PSI on TSL Swampers is fairly common, almost no sidewall flex with those tires. I had my CO2 tank along just in case. ;) I've heard of guys running 0PSI with bead lockers. :eek:

Hey Jack, it's me jereme. I also went to snt and made a thread in the local site about it.
take care

Hey Jack, it's me jereme. I also went to snt and made a thread in the local site about it.
take care

Very cool, I'll head over there and talk to ya'.

Jack

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom