Reno Land Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any Reno folks out there?

Shoot me a line at:

keller at dinter dot com

keller said:
any Reno folks out there?

Shoot me a line at:

keller at dinter dot com

Here I am, here I am!! Actually it's an LX but that still counts right?

Anyway, mine is sitting in the garage, getting ready for a HG replacement.

When it is back on the road, we will have to hook up for a trail run.

Later,
Jack

Here too.

You should check out the BBCNN...the local 'Cruiser club.

ME TOO, ME TOO!
Hey, Im Chicago (Keith) live on the S end of town.
2nd the Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada...
Here on Mud, go to quick links, down to TLCA groups Scroll down till you find Nevada, Battle born Cruisers of Northern Nevada.
Whats your rig like? Ive been seeing more and more "old" style cruisers out on the road lately around here...Its pretty cool.

:beer:

Chicago

Sorry Keller, just sold mine. :flipoff2: There are a few nicely built 80s and 100s around town though in addition to Dan and Jack, plus the 40s and 60s. I saw a cool blue 80 a couple of weeks ago that had the flares removed and the whole lower body Rhino Lined, but I did not get a chance to talk to the guy.

Harry,

did you get the emails i sent you?

here is my rig for the Reno Folks. Keep an eyeball out for me.

:bounce:

DSC05194.jpg

DSC05174.jpg

Got the photos, rig looks great and the family seems to like it. Is that your 100 series in the garage as well?

Beyond Reno keep an eye on the Nor Cal Wagons guys, they are really active and do trips into the Sierras often.

DirtyHarry said:
Got the photos, rig looks great and the family seems to like it. Is that your 100 series in the garage as well?

Beyond Reno keep an eye on the Nor Cal Wagons guys, they are really active and do trips into the Sierras often.

It's Sierra...no such thing as Sierras :flipoff2: .

There is only ONE Sierra Mountain Range.

keller said:
Harry,

did you get the emails i sent you?

here is my rig for the Reno Folks. Keep an eyeball out for me.

:bounce:

DSC05194.jpg

DSC05174.jpg

Nice ride.

I was at Reno Toyota on Saturday, picking up some stuff and I saw a lifted 80 on 305's. The plate is NV 4AFRICA and the guy had laid it on it's driver's side. It looked like he was having the driver side rear door window replaced. Some other damage on that side. I have seen that rig around but haven't had a chance to talk to him.

We are going to have to do a hook up, maybe at one of the BBCN meeting's.

Jack

locrwln1 said:
Nice ride.

I was at Reno Toyota on Saturday, picking up some stuff and I saw a lifted 80 on 305's. The plate is NV 4AFRICA and the guy had laid it on it's driver's side. It looked like he was having the driver side rear door window replaced. Some other damage on that side. I have seen that rig around but haven't had a chance to talk to him.

We are going to have to do a hook up, maybe at one of the BBCN meeting's.

Jack

cool plate. i like it. I have not seen that guy around. i'm running 285/75's on mine...came with it. i'd like to be higher, but gearing is bad enough as it is.

see you at BBCN maybe.

DirtyHarry said:

Harry - yeah, that is a 100 series...very observant of you. ;) that is affectionately know as "the wife's car"

I added a safari roof rack and front mounted cb antenna (+cb), which is making it look pretty dang cool.

keller said:
cool plate. i like it. I have not seen that guy around. i'm running 285/75's on mine...came with it. i'd like to be higher, but gearing is bad enough as it is.

see you at BBCN maybe.

I hear you on the gearing. I've got 285's on mine with the stock gearing. And I haven't added any armor to mine yet, so I can't wait for what that will do to the power.

Maybe we can all meet at the September BBCNN meeting. I should/hope have mine back together by then.

Thanks,
Jack

i would love to do some exploring around reno, esp trips to petroglyph sites. if you folks got things planned please post them here ahead of time because i will try to head out from sacramento early enough (or the night before) and join you.

one love
jah bill

jb welda said:
i would love to do some exploring around reno, esp trips to petroglyph sites. if you folks got things planned please post them here ahead of time because i will try to head out from sacramento early enough (or the night before) and join you.

one love
jah bill

I/we could probably do that. I happen to know where a few petroglyphs are. Plus I have been on almost every road surrounding Reno.

Jack

yeah, i can get us to the petraglyphs out in Lockwood...east of reno 20 minutes or so...i'd be in for that run

Have any of you done Strawberry out side of Twin Bridges/Strawberry off highway 50 (i think 50 is right). cool trail.

i'd like to organize a trip. Anyone interested?

Not me but many of the NorCal Cruiser guys have done it.

FYI: The BBCNN's are running Barney Riley this Saturday...

>FYI: The BBCNN's are running Barney Riley this Saturday...

really? i will be there too, see you at the river?

ps: anyone wanting to go petroglyph viewing please contact me on

justw@dgweb.com

and lets try to arrange something after labor day.

one love
jah bill

It looks like the BBCNN's meeting is set for Tuesday Sept. 12. I won't be able to make it. That's my wedding anniversary. We'll try next month or something. I'm gonna try to get the LX back together this weekend.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom