Removing Running Boards - Front Mud Flaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey yall-

New to the forum... just picked up my '99 100 Series this week. First mini project for me will be removing the running boards and installing front mud flaps. Trouble is, I have not been able to find any Toyota Front Mud Flaps for the 100 Series. I'd prefer to avoid putting non-Toyota junk on it, even if it is only mud flaps. Plenty of rear OEM mud flaps out there, but those are already come stock on the truck.

Anybody have a recommendation for a source for these?

Thanks!

I used ToyotaOnlineParts.com for mine.

Called and told them what I was looking for and their prices were phenom!

IMG_0161.JPG

Read this thread:
factory front mud flaps

Part numbers are in the thread. You can pick a forum vendor and order or take the part numbers to your favorite dealer parts department and order through them.

Read this thread:
factory front mud flaps

Part numbers are in the thread. You can pick a forum vendor and order or take the part numbers to your favorite dealer parts department and order through them.

Good call on the thread reference, you'll need each flap, each bracket behind each flap and I believe three of the bolts for each side. The nuts are all there already welded in place.

I had the grommet and existing screw in my rig even after removing the running boards.

Good look. Need to rip my boards off. I'm pretty lucky, my truck already has the brackets and bolts installed. I 'm just missing the plastic flaps. Need to add that to my to do list.

I guess I’m on a roll of reviving old threads...

So with ARB rails/step sliders, do front flaps still offer a benefit? It would protect the underside of the steps and I’m thinking in MN winters the less salt slush being flung up into the frame rails the better... am I right in thinking I should still get them with rails/steps installed given that I’ll be driving in a wet salt slush pond for 5 months of the year?

I guess I’m on a roll of reviving old threads...

So with ARB rails/step sliders, do front flaps still offer a benefit? It would protect the underside of the steps and I’m thinking in MN winters the less salt slush being flung up into the frame rails the better... am I right in thinking I should still get them with rails/steps installed given that I’ll be driving in a wet salt slush pond for 5 months of the year?

The OEM flaps wont fit without some modification. It's been done, but generally folks ditch the flaps when they add sliders

The OEM flaps wont fit without some modification. It's been done, but generally folks ditch the flaps when they add sliders
I guess I’m more asking, is ditching the oem running boards and flaps inviting rust and more damage to the frame rails and rocker panels? Would it be a belt and suspenders deal to have front flaps and steps?

I’m ultra paranoid as my 97’ 4Runner finally got too much rust to keep on driving this spring. I was out in Oregon and poked my head under the frame rails with a hammer once the ground had started the dry out from a crazy wet winter. Things were rotten. MN is a terrible place for sated roads and the freeze/thaw cycle is so terrible for the entire car. It’s sad we still salt the roads like this. I don’t want my new OR LC with no rust to fall to the same fate...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom