Remote starter switch to crank FJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question:
How do I connect the remote starter switch to crank my 1984 fj60 while I'm working on it?

Rambling:
This is what I bought for $12 at Kragen Auto Parts:
PA100048.jpg

I read in a previous post that I am supposed to connect the leads at where the ignition switch comes into the starter and where the battery attaches to the starter. On the diagram below, detach the wire at terminal 50 and attach one of the leads from the remote starter and then the other remote starter lead to where the battery line comes in, terminal 30.

PA100046.jpg

So first, I have to find the starter. This is it right?
PA100035.jpg

Top View:
PA100037.jpg

Bottom View:
PA100044a.jpg

Now what I am looking at in the engine doesn't look like what is in the diagram. I assume the thick wire coming in to the starter is from the battery. The only other connection I see must be terminal 50? Before I connect the wires and litterally pull the trigger just want someone to confirm that: 1. This is the starter & 2. These are the terminals I'm looking for. (as marked below)

PA100044b.jpg

:beer: Chad

The wire labeled 50 is the control circuit. Connect the remote switch between 12V+ and the #50 wire and you're ready to crank.

...and be sure to double check that the transmission's in neutral before hitting that remote starter button...(don't ask.)

Yep. You need to bring 12V to terminal 50. I made a short jumper wire with the correct sex spade connector (female, I think) and bare wire at the other end. I pull the 50 connector off the starter, insert the spade connector to the starter, and clip the remote start clip to the bare end of the jumper wire. !make sure the clip or bare wire doesn't ground out! The other clip for the remote start switch can be connected to the terminal 30 at the starter, or if you don't want to mess up the rubber hood, you can connect it to any other 12V source--I just connect it to the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom