Registration renewals, anyone with issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
After the MVD upgrades this spring?
This is for the 40...
Compare last year's to this year's. Same vin, same plate, and the same fees. What is a TRLR? Is it what I think it is?

MVD 1.jpg

MVD 2.jpg

After the MVD upgrades this spring?
This is for the 40...
Compare last year's to this year's. Same vin, same plate, and the same fees. What is a TRLR? Is it what I think it is?

View attachment 2459809

View attachment 2459812

Would have to go thru all my titles to see how MVD classified all my cruisers and titles for cruisers I only have a title. I know it wasn't standard but don't remember any being classified as a trailer.

PM sent.

When I bought my ‘78 back in 2013 the previous title had it listed as a wagon. Knew I should have made a copy of that old school title🙄

Wait, think this over. Most trailers have permanent registrations.

Wait, think this over. Most trailers have permanent registrations.

That would be good except the registration says expires 9/30/2021. Life time tags are not automatic. While I have them on all my trailers it was a higher one time fee go get them. Best deal is in a non emissions you can get five year tags. It's a huge savings on older vehicles that would normally have to go thru emissions every year. Not sure all the years but know my 68 was an annual emissions. Besides not paying emissions for five years only pay the other fees beside the vehicle license tax once instead of five times. Have a old vehicle and the vehicle license tax really isn't much for five years. All the other fees add up to a lot more. At one time AZ had a rolling twenty year emissions. Probably about thirty years ago they moved it back to 1967. Remember when I had my 68 in Phoenix I had a couple of years where no emissions were required and then when it moved to 1967 it was every year.

Friend of mine is a state trooper, I asked if he could run my plate and see what pops up. He said legally he can only do it if I am present.
He also said his 5th wheel toy hauler came up as a Subaru on his recent renewal, :rolleyes:

Is it "TRLR" as in "TRAILER" or "TRAIL-ER" - someone who cruises the trails...because the latter may be more appropriate. You could explain that to the highway patroller. I am sure that would be fine.

Is it "TRLR" as in "TRAILER" or "TRAIL-ER" - someone who cruises the trails...because the latter may be more appropriate. You could explain that to the highway patroller. I am sure that would be fine.
I like that train of thought.

I renewed mine in June and haven't received my sticker.
Probably trying to figure out what a DeSoto is, I don't feel alone now.

This conversation brings up an interesting point... when I got my emissions check and renewed the registration on my 2003 GX470 a couple months ago it gave me the option for a five year renewal. It seemed weird at the time, but not enough to keep me from taking that option.

The web site offered the option of 5 years on my 1995 80 in April. I took it. Up until now I've had to get a tailpipe emission test every year, since they don't treat 1995 as OBD2.

This conversation brings up an interesting point... when I got my emissions check and renewed the registration on my 2003 GX470 a couple months ago it gave me the option for a five year renewal. It seemed weird at the time, but not enough to keep me from taking that option.
I got the 5 year option on my FJ60, of course I took it. The question no one seems to be able to answer definitively is, do I still have to do emissions in that time period?

The web site offered the option of 5 years on my 1995 80 in April. I took it. Up until now I've had to get a tailpipe emission test every year, since they don't treat 1995 as OBD2.
Does the upper right portion of your registration have an emissions expiration date? Mine does. Kinda dumb though, if you gave me a 5 year sticker, why would I go get emissions tested every year to get a sticker I already have.

I renewed mine in June and haven't received my sticker.

That is interesting. Last Thursday when I seen this thread remembered my 89 FJ62 was due this month. My wife did a five year registration online right away. Tag arrived yesterday. The printed receipt from online shows year/make 89 Toyota. Model Land Cruiser. Has our address as the one up north as it should. Shows the vehicle Domicile as the HC 31 Box XXXX that was used as mailing address before county gave street addresses for use by emergency services.

Tag was mailed to the valley and arrived yesterday. The 89 was moved to Northern Arizona in 2004 and has not been back to the valley since. We moved in the valley to another town in 2007. So why was the registration send to a location it was never registered at? We no longer have anything registered in the valley. Both our licenses are Northern Arizona. All I can say is DMV new system is really messed. When our Sequoia renewal came showed the correct address in Northern Arizona but say emissions do. They was no way to get that resolved online. Must be a nightmare to answer the phone at DMV.

It shows the make as TOYT

Right? Our son's Celica is in his name and registered in Flagstaff. Required emissions. He spent 2 months on the phone "Time permitting" "on hold."
He was excited when he finally called to say he got everything fixed. Another month goes by, and his tag shows up in our mailbox and I have to mail it back to him.

There is a war going on, I think, between the new and old archives.

Does the upper right portion of your registration have an emissions expiration date? Mine does. Kinda dumb though, if you gave me a 5 year sticker, why would I go get emissions tested every year to get a sticker I already have.

Yes, the emissions expiration date is in 2021. But what are they going to do? Come peel off my sticker that says "25"? I guess that I fill find out next year.

The whole registration process seems to be confused now. I didn't get my registration in the mail for more than a month after I renewed and paid for it on the web site. I had to call them. It was not easy to get through in May. But the person I spoke with didn't mention the 5 year expiration. And they sent a copy that arrived quickly.

Don't know if this will help anyone, but I had an hour today to spent on hold.
After the upgrade this spring, anything "Old" that has a short vin number, i.e. FJ40***** was automatically listed as a trailer. :hmm:
I am upgraded in the system, Tab is valid, and they are sending a new registration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom