Redneck Enginuitive Belly Pan finished!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the plate sheared where I buy the metal, other than that, I have been making the cuts and holes in my garage at home. It takes longer, but having a weld shop do the time consuming parts would drive the price up. The real holdup has been me trying to catch a smile from my boy and trying to finish some other projects.

As far as I know, we have the material for one more and most of the material for another 6 or so... However, I'm not positive on that.

Sent you guys a pm

I have the plate sheared where I buy the metal, other than that, I have been making the cuts and holes in my garage at home. It takes longer, but having a weld shop do the time consuming parts would drive the price up. The real holdup has been me trying to catch a smile from my boy and trying to finish some other projects.

Thanks Aaron!

We are not doing lists anymore. This has always been a side project for us. We really don't make any money on them so building them gets put on the back burner to things that pay the bills and/or family. Because of that, we don't want to be sitting on peoples money. I will post up when there is one built but I can't say when that will be. Feel free to copy what we've done (that was the original point of this thread, not to build them) if you don't want to wait.

Since it was/is the intent of CreeperSleeper for other mud members to copy what he has done, can any one post up or pm me the dimensions of the mountin plates, crossmember, and the actual skid plates? I know the crossmember is 2x3 box tubing and the plates are all 3/16" material, I just need the dimensions. I may have found a local guy who will do the welding for me. If anyone can provide this info, it will save me from crawling underneath with cardboard and tape to try to re-create the wheel. If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Since it was/is the intent of CreeperSleeper for other mud members to copy what he has done, can any one post up or pm me the dimensions of the mountin plates, crossmember, and the actual skid plates? I know the crossmember is 2x3 box tubing and the plates are all 3/16" material, I just need the dimensions. I may have found a local guy who will do the welding for me. If anyone can provide this info, it will save me from crawling underneath with cardboard and tape to try to re-create the wheel. If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

That's the beauty of coping someone else's work tho.

Sent from this fast HTC thing using IH8MUD

any design plans for this??

Every 80 comes with its own design template: the stock cross member.

1. Support the back end of the transfer case with a jack stand and remove the cross member.
2. Then transfer the location of all the holes to a 1/8 sheet of plywood and put your cross member back so you can drive your truck.
3. Use the plywood template to transfer the location of the holes to your material. I used 2 4x6 inch pieces of 1/4 inch at each end where it bolts to the frame and a piece of 2x2 1/4 inch tube for the cross piece (because I had it in my junk pile).
4. After drilling all the holes, mount the pieces on the frame and tranny and bolt them tight. Then weld the end pieces to the cross piece. Add front and rear 3/16 plates and gussets and you are done. I used 12 x 18 3/16 steel for the plates and 1/4 x 2 strap for the gussets.

5. Done.

Every 80 comes with its own design template: the stock cross member.

1. Support the back end of the transfer case with a jack stand and remove the cross member.
2. Then transfer the location of all the holes to a 1/8 sheet of plywood and put your cross member back so you can drive your truck.
3. Use the plywood template to transfer the location of the holes to your material. I used 2 4x6 inch pieces of 1/4 inch at each end where it bolts to the frame and a piece of 2x2 1/4 inch tube for the cross piece (because I had it in my junk pile).
4. After drilling all the holes, mount the pieces on the frame and tranny and bolt them tight. Then weld the end pieces to the cross piece. Add front and rear 3/16 plates and gussets and you are done. I used 12 x 18 3/16 steel for the plates and 1/4 x 2 strap for the gussets.

5. Done.

6. :beer:

Never forget step six.

@CreeperSleeper awesome engine-yoo-ity!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Sadly, I don't have time right now to read all 17 pages of the thread, but have saved it for future reading. So for now, quick question: How much does this assembled skid-plate product weigh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom