Recommendations for a new to me KZJ78? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently picked up my prado and I’m looking for recommendations on any mods or maintenance I should knock out sooner rather than later. I’m new to diesels and Toyota’s in general but I’ve done lots of work to my Jeep previously. So far I’ve added creature comforts such as a head unit with Apple car play and I threw on 33s. The odometer is sitting at just over 216k kilos. Thanks in advance!

A41E0ACA-9B05-4E30-8600-183A3F1D71BB.jpeg

I recently picked up my prado and I’m looking for recommendations on any mods or maintenance I should knock out sooner rather than later. I’m new to diesels and Toyota’s in general but I’ve done lots of work to my Jeep previously. So far I’ve added creature comforts such as a head unit with Apple car play and I threw on 33s. The odometer is sitting at just over 216k kilos. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2468108
Loving the color!

Just baseline everything. Pay particular attention to the coolant system.
I would include the injectors being tested and rebuilt if needed.
Build up a store of consumables like filters, gaskets etc
Keep the drain holes in the doors and body clean so the water wont pool. Check behind the wheel arches for mud etc
Open the windows and/or doors on sunny dry periods after days of rain to dry the interior panels out. They get condensation build up on the inside of the body panels.
Long term, rust can be the biggest issue when they are getting 20 years old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom