Rebuild on 80 Series Kazuma Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently have a Kuzuma Extreme Performance By TRD Supercharger in my 80 Series and am looking to possibly have it rebuilt. The Supercharger is running fine atm, but has 350k miles on it and feel like it might be due for a rebuild. I have had the oil changed within the Supercharger within the past 3 months, the great news was the oil that was removed looked great. However, I still think the pulley might need some work and possible full rebuild for longevity sakes. Let me know what you guys think, what route I should choose and who I should use if I plan to have it rebuilt. Thanks!

15986405157547469163524367899848.jpg

1598640534199477567964312906363.jpg

If pulley bearing feels solid (no squealing) or movement, I would just run it. 350k is amazing. Have you rebuilt your engine? Does engine burn oil?

If pulley bearing feels solid (no squealing) or movement, I would just run it. 350k is amazing. Have you rebuilt your engine? Does engine burn oil?
Nope no squealing or give on the pulley. Thankfully I haven't had to rebuild the engine, however I have replaced the head gaskets (as a precaution) when I bought it, exhaust manifold, fixed some oil leaks and a ton of other stuff done including the transmission replacement. It does burn oil slightly but honestly it's been over 3k miles since it's last oil change and it's still nearly just as full.

Looks like you are good to go! Awesome testament to well built!

I have used Superchargers online with good success. Around $2000 for a full rebuild with gen 5 rotors. I think $700-$900 to replace seals if all your internals are good (mine weren’t). Other folks use Jon Bond.

Pulley boys sell a stock sized aluminum pulley. Getting that stock pulley off will be a beast without some specialty tools. You’ll likely end up beating the hell out of the pulley and supercharger nose cone if you use a hammer.

If it’s still making good boost and doesn’t sound like rocks rattling around in an aluminum can then your probably ok. Mine started puking oil and engine temps starting raising; that’s how I knew it had failed.

I have used Superchargers online with good success. Around $2000 for a full rebuild with gen 5 rotors. I think $700-$900 to replace seals if all your internals are good (mine weren’t). Other folks use Jon Bond.

Pulley boys sell a stock sized aluminum pulley. Getting that stock pulley off will be a beast without some specialty tools. You’ll likely end up beating the hell out of the pulley and supercharger nose cone if you use a hammer.

If it’s still making good boost and doesn’t sound like rocks rattling around in an aluminum can then your probably ok. Mine started puking oil and engine temps starting raising; that’s how I knew it had failed.
Thanks for the advice! What was the turn around time on your rebuild?

Sent it in just as COVID started turning the world to poo and it was 2-3 weeks. Standard turn around was about a week pre-COVID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom