Rear window defogger- can this be ordered? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The pic is not real clear, but I am missing the piece that attaches to the window and plugs into the wire that is hanging loose. Does anyone know if this part can be ordered? Thanks, Dan.

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

Any junk yards near you? You can probably order it new, but it would be much cheaper off a junker

Does anyone know the part number? I went to the dealer today and they said I had to buy a whole new window.

I'm not sure how you'd attach a new window side plug end, I'm inclined to believe the dealer is correct on this one.

Gotta buy the glass to get it.

What's the current price on a 80 series rear window?

68131-60151, published list price $999.29. Currently two in the United States.

Thanks, maybe time to check what glass coverage we all have.

68131-60151, published list price $999.29. Currently two in the United States.
:doh:

Any way to repair the heater wires in/on the glass?

:hmm:

:doh:

Any way to repair the heater wires in/on the glass?

:hmm:

I've heard of guys taking it to a window shop to have it done. They also make kits for it. Not sure how well they work...

Thanks, everyone. The guy at the dealership said to check out SafeLite or other glass repair shops. Will post prices if they can replace.

As an insurance agent, yes, if you have an OEM parts endorsement or a $0 glass deductible endorsement available, it's highly recommended to add that if possible. My personal is wkth Safeco(Liberty mutual), on a stated value with both endorsements due to age and rarity of parts.

No problem, they seem to have a decent product. I thought it would be interesting to add an electric grid to the front as well, but I'm not sure if the safety glass is OK for the localized heat in the winter time.

No problem, they seem to have a decent product. I thought it would be interesting to add an electric grid to the front as well, but I'm not sure if the safety glass is OK for the localized heat in the winter time.

I've always wanted to add them where the front wipers are when they're not being used (like on Subaru cold weather package) to defrost the blades...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom