Rear Swaybar play question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had a recurring noise from my rear suspension for quite some time. Speedbumps, turns, etc caused a strange bell like 'gong' noise.

I think I have finally located the source, play in one of the bushings of the rear swaybar. The one labled "5" in the below picture.

I assume that there shouldn't be any play by wiggling it by hand. I could have sworn I had discounted the rear swaybar by removing it and still hearing the noise. Could just be early onset Alzheimer's.

Is this bushing replaceable?
rear_swaybar.jpg

Did you check the bushings on the upper control arms. I told you that 2 of mine were completely toast before i put in those new arms.

Did you check the bushings on the upper control arms. I told you that 2 of mine were completely toast before i put in those new arms.

I didn't pull them, but there is not really any play in them when twisting by hand. Granted you know I have girlie arms. :D

On the other hand, I can wiggle that swaybar bushing area at least 1/4" or more. I can also make it make the gong noise at a reduced volume.

Why don't you just pull the rear sway for testing purposes? It only takes about 10 minutes. Then you'll know for sure before spending any hard earned$$$;)I'm not sure but I wouldn't think replacement bushings would be too much.

Why don't you just pull the rear sway for testing purposes? It only takes about 10 minutes. Then you'll know for sure before spending any hard earned$$$;)I'm not sure but I wouldn't think replacement bushings would be too much.

Yeah, I'll do it. I could have sworn I had tried this before. Now I can't remember. My memory on somethings is just terrible.

I'll give it another go. I will say that I haven't noticed the play in the swaybar before.

Yeah, I'll do it. I could have sworn I had tried this before. Now I can't remember. My memory on somethings is just terrible.

I'll give it another go. I will say that I haven't noticed the play in the swaybar before.

Wait...what...eer dude! :smokin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom