Rear Side AUTO UP Windows by yodaTEQ Gull Wing Hatch System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One thing that I wish I had done is order new rubber. Just cause I'm a little OCD. The old rubber was fine I think and there was no problems, but it would of been nice to have fresh.

I used the string method on reinstalling. Worked real quick!

was contacted by a friend who saw this and it would seem they are back out of stock again. So people should contact Frank if they are interested.

Good tip on the rubber! My truck came from San Francisco and other rubber is hard.

Does anyone make these gullwings with a remote latch release. Instead of having exterior keyed locks, maybe a cable latch system, that could even be wired to a popper, or manual release. I know the install would be a bit more complicated this way. I remember seeing somehing like this waaay back on Mud, but dont know if that was a one off deal.

Does anyone make these gullwings with a remote latch release. Instead of having exterior keyed locks, maybe a cable latch system, that could even be wired to a popper, or manual release. I know the install would be a bit more complicated this way. I remember seeing somehing like this waaay back on Mud, but dont know if that was a one off deal.

wagongear.com » Flip Up Hatch Window

So FWIW my gull wing has been installed for a little more than a year now and is showing corrosion through the powder coat. My rear antenna bracket did the same.

Contacted yodateq via email about a month ago, haven't heard a thing back. Not too impressed. I'm going to pull if off shortly and have it powdercoated properly (with primer). I have a lot of other powdercoated parts on my truck that are subjected to a lot more crap (sliders, bumper) and they still look great years later.

So FWIW my gull wing has been installed for a little more than a year now and is showing corrosion ..... Contacted yodateq via email about a month ago, haven't heard a thing back. Not too impressed.

I'd send a quick PM here - a glance at his profile had him here earlier this week. At least if you're looking for some sort of solution / resolution.

Maybe he needs to used a different PC vendor. :meh:

I'd appreciate hearing if something I vendored fell short of expectation, if it was me.

:popcorn:

So I removed my hatch to have it re-coated - same issues I suppose as @Douglas S - and @yodaTEQ (Frank) was very fair to deal with. Anyways, I never really liked the original install with the slider gasket and frame - not because of the hatch design, but simply because my existing slider frame and gasket allowed leaks. What I really wanted was to use the OEM solid quarter window gasket and simply mount the Gull Wing frame in it just like you would the factory glass - no aluminum slider frame or complicated multi-piece gasket/weatherstrip to mess with. I didn't know if the hatch frame was the same size as the OEM solid glass, but I knew it had to be close. So, rather than try to find a solid quarter window to measure, I figured I'd just buy the gasket and give it a shot. I ordered up the gasket for a solid quarter window from (insert OEM parts supplier of choice here) and also ordered the louver (solid window specific) that covers the quarter vent. The louver is not required to make this work, but if you don't change it, there will be a strip of color left visible since the new gasket is not as wide/deep as the original slider/gasket/frame assembly. The new louver simply wraps further inside the window opening. You could run your stock louver and just spray some matte black on the sliver of exposed color if you like.

Here's the parts I ordered:

62741-60030 - weatherstrip (gasket) for solid quarter window - same number for either side of the Cruiser.
62906-60010 - louver - this is the number for the left (US driver) side louver.

Well, lucky me, it fit perfect! Super smooth install, and much simpler than assembling and installing the bulky slider assembly. Zero mods to the Cruiser, Gull Wing or the new gasket! Now I don't have to worry about leaky gaskets and slider parts, and it's a much cleaner look IMO.

20170603_214726.jpg
20170603_214800.jpg
20170603_214834.jpg
platform5.jpg

I need to add that I absolutely love these! I sat on the fence for a long time before buying them due to the cost with the exchange rate and shipping up to Canada. First day of the first trip with them installed when I didn't have to open my dual swing out, hatch, tailgate, and dig through all my junk, I just stared at them and smiled. Worth every penny!

You were so excited did you change your mind? Its been 6 months and no install thread :confused:

My truck is getting s full paint job. It came from San Francisco with a whole lot of clear coat damage.

I also travel monday through friday most every week. With other projects snd my limited free time at home i hsve to prioritize.

Not sure what your obsetion is with my installing this great product but it does seem a little wierd.

:popcorn:

So I removed my hatch to have it re-coated - same issues I suppose as @Douglas S - and @yodaTEQ (Frank) was very fair to deal with. Anyways, I never really liked the original install with the slider gasket and frame - not because of the hatch design, but simply because my existing slider frame and gasket allowed leaks. What I really wanted was to use the OEM solid quarter window gasket and simply mount the Gull Wing frame in it just like you would the factory glass - no aluminum slider frame or complicated multi-piece gasket/weatherstrip to mess with. I didn't know if the hatch frame was the same size as the OEM solid glass, but I knew it had to be close. So, rather than try to find a solid quarter window to measure, I figured I'd just buy the gasket and give it a shot. I ordered up the gasket for a solid quarter window from (insert OEM parts supplier of choice here) and also ordered the louver (solid window specific) that covers the quarter vent. The louver is not required to make this work, but if you don't change it, there will be a strip of color left visible since the new gasket is not as wide/deep as the original slider/gasket/frame assembly. The new louver simply wraps further inside the window opening. You could run your stock louver and just spray some matte black on the sliver of exposed color if you like.

Here's the parts I ordered:

62741-60030 - weatherstrip (gasket) for solid quarter window - same number for either side of the Cruiser.
62906-60010 - louver - this is the number for the left (US driver) side louver.

Well, lucky me, it fit perfect! Super smooth install, and much simpler than assembling and installing the bulky slider assembly. Zero mods to the Cruiser, Gull Wing or the new gasket! Now I don't have to worry about leaky gaskets and slider parts, and it's a much cleaner look IMO.

View attachment 1473615

I'm stoked you blazed this trailed. I followed in your footsteps and am very happy I did. I'm sure the install was easier without messing with the sliding window aluminum frame and think this looks great. Thanks for posting the part numbers, as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom