REAR QUARTER PANEL WATER TANKS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I treid finding a size that would fit a few years back, looked at marine stores, nothing of any size in a shape that would fit, even if so they were $100++ each. I like the ones you guys linked to......great idea!

that is cool...you should post that over in the outfitting section too as any wagon owner could benefit.

Nice!!! :beer:

Very interesting product.

I did not see any installation info on the sites. It appears that the storage pocket and the woofer need to go to complete the installation.
Is that the case?

D-

No idea about the installation. But, keep in mind that this is an Australian product, built for the Australian Land Cruisers. So, some jerry-rigging may be involved to make it work - - or maybe not. What do you think Cruiserdan ? Are there any significant differences that would hinder an easy installation ? Ie. fuel filler plumbing etc.

Well,
It has to go on the RH side as the filler and jack are on the left. Since the storage pocket and the woofer on the RH intrude into the cavity, I have to assume that they would need to go south to accomidate the bladder. That is almost 8 gallons and I find it hard to imagine that it would fit with those sticking in there. In addition, the woofer bracket has sharp edges IIRC so it could damage the bladder.
I routinely carry a 7 gallon plastic water jug and it does take up a lot of space. One consideration, could be good or bad depending on how you look at it, is the water in there will get quite hot. this would be the case especialy in darker color vehicles and when the sun is on the RH side for prolonged periods.
That being said, hot water is better than no water.

D-

And if the objective is shower water then hot water can be better than cold water... except in Eric's case where he needs all the cold showers he can get. :D
-B-

::) How about a mylar sheath or shield on the outer side of the bladdernext to the qtr panel, something similar to the mylar sheaths used in "camelbacks" and hydrostorm tactical hydration systems. I have used them in the desert and jungle and they work pretty good. Won't really keep it (the H2O) hot or cold w/o added insulation, rather keeps it from getting to the extreme, keeps it usuable/consumable. Just my .02 and personal experience. :banana: :beer:

They will make any size to fit amywhere, the straight ones which lay on the back floor can be stood on, if you ahve kids in the back, and are quite strong.

So I just had an idea. If they can really make one to go anywhere, why couldn't they make one that could fit in the front PS fenderwell and be used as the washer fluid res.? The dual battery option would become a whole lot easier, plus free up a bunch of space. Any ideas why it wouldn't work? My ARB and Rancho compressors are in the "recommended" res. tank relocation spot, and I'm running out of room.

Has anyone bought one of these water tanks yet?

It is a great idea, but when I contacted the one company, they were not aware of the stowage compartment or the subwoofer on the US 80's, but the photo looks like there is a flat spot close to where the stowage compartment is at. I don't mind 86ing the subwoofer as I can understand how a 6" cone can produce any more bass than the other 6" cones in the rig.

Hey AZ_Man, I hope your name means your from Arizona, and not that your a pillow biting shirt lifter :flipoff2: :D

I deal with these tank people with my shop www.offroadshop.com.au and if I get a template sent to me, or a drawing, we could perhaps get some added to our next US shipment?

I have fitted, seen and used these products over the last 5-6 years they have been around, and they are a great idea, and much much tougher than you would imagine.

Does anyone know when one of these is mounted in rear quarter panel of a 80 - where does the outlet go?

If I'm camping, how do I get at my water?

It's unclear from the docs and pictures.

The filler is a opening like a washer bottle out the top of the bottle, which you can poke out through your side panel, and the access to the water is via a hose which sticks out through the bottom of the panel, with a tap on the end.

This pic below gives you an idea, and you can make a new panel, add some carpet or vinyl, and cut the holes for access if you dont want to put a hole in your factory panels.

60series.jpg

Anyone get one of these yet ?

Anybody with a U.S Spec 80 Series get one of these yet

When I looked in mine, I had water in there and there wasn't a tank.
The drains were plugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom