Rear cargo carrier with bike rack good idea or bad idea? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm mostly packed and have yet to put the 4 bikes on the back. This is looking a little more sketch than I was expecting. Planning on driving 2 hours like this tomorrow but wondering if I should scrap this setup, take less, and put the Thule on top. Feels pretty sold when I rock it side to side thanks to the u bolt bractetry. There isn't much that is particularly heavy just bulky stuff. Could also down size what I have packed and just do two totes. Any thoughts? Am I going to get pulled over with it like this or with the license plate blocked?

0405222100.jpg

0405222101.jpg

0405222101a.jpg

Time for a trailer.
I agree. A small utility trailer maybe the safer option. There are some company's that make 4x6' trailers that would work well.

Well, how did it go?

I don't see anything too alarming other than relying on that hitch splitter to hold the weight of your tubs and basket.

Well, how did it go?

I don't see anything too alarming other than relying on that hitch splitter to hold the weight of your tubs and basket.
Went fine, went single stack on the totes. Next time I'm going to get one of those bags that fit on the rack which will maximize the space and get one more anti rattle u bolt, the bike rack really bounced around back there.

Given the option, I will 100% select the roof top box. If you don't have the box, then pick up one of them soft bags and strap it really good on roof.

That just seems like such a crazy amount of torque on your hitch. You need to build a shrine or something for the bolts holding it on to your frame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom