Rear camera relocation kit? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone moved their backup camera up under the rear spoiler/3rd brake light area? There are 4Runner kits for this and I like the idea. I'm just trying to work out if this is actually a good idea or if I would get the pop-out window halfway taken apart and never be able to put it back together again.

View attachment 3057165
4FE8774A-DBE4-4021-9ADD-25DB5EE865B6.jpeg

I have the camera for my rear view mirror stuffed in my spoiler.

Anyone moved their backup camera up under the rear spoiler/3rd brake light area? There are 4Runner kits for this and I like the idea. I'm just trying to work out if this is actually a good idea or if I would get the pop-out window halfway taken apart and never be able to put it back together again.

View attachment 3057165
Only issue I see is that the 4R's rear window rolls down, and ours hinges up. Having it there my cause a problem if you ever open the rear window.
Work around may be to attache the camera to the window?

Nice! Do you have a build thread for this? This is exactly what I am looking to do.

Remove the spoiler, remove the 3rd brake light, and there was just enough empty space to fit a camera.

Only issue I see is that the 4R's rear window rolls down, and ours hinges up. Having it there my cause a problem if you ever open the rear window.
Work around may be to attache the camera to the window?

The spoiler lifts up with the back glass. I never had an issue opening it (before adding the molle panel)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom