rear bumper with round tail lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
are there any bolt on options that allow you to keep the round taillights or do most go to the newer lights,
i'm looking for something to add a receiver and a little more protection, with out going too custom, pretty plain jane rig 31x10.5s with bikini top, the front bumper is 6" channel with the ends slashed 45 degrees and capped with receiver in the center

I made mine out of heavy round tubing(pipe?) back in the day. Made it short enough that it left the lights exposed. Problem with that is I had to replace the lights a few times. Got to the point I used simple round trailer lights, and kept a spare lens in the glove box.
I recommend moving the lights or getting some really good protection for them.

When I bought my rig, it had a hideous step bumper welded to the frame with rectangular chevy lights installed. That was the first thing I cut off. I like the round lights on the old rigs but instead of buying the stock lights, I opted for the 4" round led trailer lights that have an incorporated backup light. When the backup lights are on they override the tail/stop light and are quite bright. With the grommet installed I will be using 6" (probably 3x6 so that I can install a swing out tire carrier when I am ready) rectangular tubing for a rear bumper so that I can cut them into the bumper for protection. Not looking for a complicated rear bumper myself and seeing as you have a 6" front bumper already, that may work for you as well. These are similar to what I used although I sourced mine locally and they work well, very bright....

upload_2018-2-2_11-29-37.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom