Rear axle locknut SST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm going to build this SST, wonder if I could get a few measurements. I have a picture, I know the ends of the pins are 6mm diameter, and the pins are 50mm center-to-center. I'd like to know the total length of the pins (above the body), and where on the pins is the step to 6mm. I'd also like the larger diameter of the pins, although I'll have to use whatever size drill rod we have around the shop.

Thanks.

note, edited to include pin center-to-center for complete dimensions in one post

Major pin diameter, 11mm
Minor pin diameter, 6.35mm
Pin height to flange, 43mm
minor pin length, 13mm
base thickness, 14.2mm
base diameter, 72.5mm
pin center-to-center, 50mm
Drive, 1/2 inch

D-

This post has several pictures including the Toyota SST and a couple of fabbed SST's.

-B-

FF_SST_1.JPG

Aug06197.JPG

Rear-Axle-Tool.jpg

tool.JPG

rearsst.jpg

view2.jpg

ruthlessly stolen from this thread, the last 2 are the official Toyota version witch match the measurements Dan provided
https://forum.ih8mud.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=11480;start=msg105489#msg105489

BTW dan got my order, Thank You :cheers:

FF_SST.JPG

Raventai and I had the same idea at the same time and I spent too much time digging up these to *not* post the one he didn't post.

:D

-B-

LOL oops :doh:

Thanks for the pics guys. Geez B, what type of rough conditions do you work on there? You have no rug like Raventai? :D Doesn't everyone have a carpeted shop floor? :D

Junk,
Those are pics posted by others in the referenced thread. The one I posted was a pic from Kurt as were 2 of the pics posted by Raventai. All we did was go to the referenced thread, search for the .jpg attachments, copy the URL's, and post them with IMG tags.

Pay attention Junk. :D

-B-

Thanks guys, especially cdan, I'll be ordering the heap of parts for two trucks eventually. I've saved every post that looked helpfull on this subject, it's gonna be a lot of reading!

Dan,

For the sake of completeness you forgot the center to center of the pins.

Bill

Scott mentioned that number (50mm) in the opening post. I left it out because at the time it seemed redundant. I will edit my post to add that and the diameter of the plate.

D-

Save yourself a lot of trouble and just buy the tool. I spent about a half day trying to save a few bucks and the thing didn't work well. 'Course, I'm no expert at fabbing tools, but looking back now, I wasted a lot of time and effort.

[quote author=quicktodoze link=board=2;threadid=12513;start=msg114955#msg114955 date=1078418787]Save yourself a lot of trouble and just buy the tool.[/quote]
Good point, how much are they? Half my reason for moonlighting at a machine shop is access to all these machines. I'm getting comfortable with the machines, this seemed like a pretty easy project to start on. Unfortunatly, the slowdown we were expecting is turning into more business than we can keep up with, my plan isn't working out perfectly.

The OEM one is about 50 bucks. They are on backorder at the moment as I cleaned them out and sold all of them :rolleyes:

I have 3 on order and the ETA is late April. :p

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=12513;start=msg115130#msg115130 date=1078436872]
The OEM one is about 50 bucks. They are on backorder at the moment as I cleaned them out and sold all of them :rolleyes:

[/quote]

ouch, I just spent all day scouring Newnan and south Atlanta looking for one of these no luck :-\

$50 hardened, chromed, and maybe warranted? Or I could spend hours designing and building an inferior tool. Perhaps I should work on some skidplates instead. Make that four on order, I can always build one if it doesn't come in.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=12513;start=msg115130#msg115130 date=1078436872]

[/quote]

Dan - I hope your getting some for stock. You do stock this don't you? Looks like a PM is in order (to get one on order)....thanks for mentioning that they are backordered.

I always figure that this stuff is like 4 days away. :doh:

R

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=12513;start=msg115479#msg115479 date=1078465211]
Dan - I hope your getting some for stock.
[/quote]

That would be why I have them on backorder at the moment. :D

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=12513;start=msg115481#msg115481 date=1078465366]
That would be why I have them on backorder at the moment. :D
[/quote]

Ok wise guy... stupid question I guess.

If you didn't stock it and 3 guys ordered SSTs, then it would be 3 on special order and non on backorder?

sheese... parts guys

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom