Really? A 12v oven? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4tripping.com
AVvXsEjwmWC-MR5qIcs-thrCr5z1UDenZ_DBUpUYPcgm-wXJ2Se76h8SKElnE3hmz3VblEgT1GFhDcXbAUyHO1MzKD3Om4nrKe-Fp1_J1WXf4Va_8Op5dqT4BMZ3M2VCWXj4Cy62CRtROCBZb3F82PDd6s08q_ymbbTdRzzwJgL8fz6D8e68-HTql4U1mJOziw=s449

I often regret that shipping from australia is so expensive? I did detect an well working 12v oven.

The small 12v oven for overlanding / vanlife / marina - https://vanlife.4x4tripping.com/2021/11/the-small-12v-oven-for-overlanding.html

I want it... Also when my roadlife did more consist out of Campfire and BBQ - baking the own bread, using the self sufficent solar power - sounds too nice...

The pricetag - is a bit crazy.

trippin

120W? like 2 incandescent bulbs? One tenth of a microwave oven? It's gonna take a while to bake stuff...

120W? like 2 incandescent bulbs? One tenth of a microwave oven? It's gonna take a while to bake stuff...

My electric 12v hot water boiler in my RV too has just 200w - and delivers very hot water pretty quickly.

After watching some Youtube Videos - it seems to work fine, also if the warmup needs time.

I want one to try it.

Honestly, You can just do other stuff while you're camping.

:lol:

presumably that is the oven interior temperature with nothing in it. If so, add whatever time it takes to actually bake the food to the figures above. If you're not in a hurry, it's all good. And the oven could be supplied by solar fairly easily. As to baking food while driving, well, that could be interesting. (But I would think that you all tough Africa adventurers would do that on the exhaust pipe instead just cuz you can... :) )

Old thread..

Anyone use those 12 volt ovens. Heats up and cooks food while you are on the road so it's ready and hot when you arrive?
Got to wrap things in foil so they don't create a mess.

Something like the road chef

Product_Photo_Template_0006_Camp_Oven_A_Sml__84545 (1).jpg

I just bought a 12V Travel Buddy oven from Australia. I have a friend who uses his all the time in his caravan over
there. Says it take about 2 hrs to cook a meat pie while driving. He doesn't recommend ever using it on
straight battery, only when he is driving and charging back. I have no other info, expensive and kinda cool.
I haven't even had time to open the box it came in.

We go on trips I've seen some folks wrapping chicken wings, meat pies, hot dogs etc in foil and cooking them in there.

Then when you stop after a couple hours you have a hot meat right there ready without having to break open a small stove to heat of a quick lunch or dinner.

Just turn it on about 1 or 2 hours before arrival.

Looks like that have about 3 or 4 manufactures and they are all then same unit.

They all said the same thing, only use them while driving due to the wattage.

It looks like it could be fun/handy to have a hot meal at a rest stop. Not sure where I'd put it though. We're packed to the max when we're camping. I'll look into the power draw.

Along these lines what I've been considering is installing an inverter to run a small microwave oven.

We use our inverter a lot. Air Fryer and blender for ice drinks in the summer.

I was kind of thinking the same .. likely not good for on the trail (unless it's some long graded dirt road) or at camp because of the wattage draw.

+1 a small micro is infinitely more efficient.
The idea of a heat device sucking 10 amps (@12v) for hours in the back of my rig is a non-starter.
Tho they are quite popular in AU. See them used alot on some shows from there. Not sure why tho...except maybe they'll crisp up stuff a micro won't? :meh:

I've been largely inactive on mud for quite a while until lately. Do the Pink Pantie comments still get tossed around? Just saying... :stop:

Mark...

I use the "RoadPro" 12v portable "stove" when out on long road trips, on and off-road. A thawed frozen burrito wrapped in foil takes about 45 minutes to get very hot.
I only use this road stove while driving, as it sucks a lot of amps. I did some testing with a meter and it pulls well over 12 amps at start up, then progressively the amp draw drops as the heating element gets up to temperature.

Oven drawing 10A will be no problem once my wiring is upgraded which I can now do with the alternator upgrade out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom