Real-time help please: '76 engine harness (1 Viewer)

There are two connectors at the back of the valve cover. A 2-pin one, behind the choke cable there, I have discovered to be the thermo switch for the carb fan. The other one is 3 pins. One pin is to the fuel cutoff solenoid. One pin is to the thermo switch in the head. What's the 3rd one? It seems to have a couple volts on it with the ignition on. :confused:

engineHarness.jpg

spotcruiser

Geezer
SILVER Star
CA trucks had a second thermoswitch for emissions. My CA 76 has two temp sensors in the head.

There are two connectors at the back of the valve cover. A 2-pin one, behind the choke cable there, I have discovered to be the thermo switch for the carb fan. The other one is 3 pins. One pin is to the fuel cutoff solenoid. One pin is to the thermo switch in the head. What's the 3rd one? It seems to have a couple volts on it with the ignition on. :confused:
View attachment 944462

Can you post the part number from your computer and vsv for me? No hurry on those. Just curious.

I believe my rig was originally sold in Reno, NV. The original 2f is long gone though. My numbers:

Computer: 89550-60060 <-- Seems to still be available.
VSV: 17650-61010

spotcruiser

Geezer
SILVER Star
Sorry, it could be years before I get that deep in my parts pile again. Next time I dig for something I'll keep it in mind.

Can you post the part number from your computer and vsv for me? No hurry on those. Just curious.

I believe my rig was originally sold in Reno, NV. The original 2f is long gone though. My numbers:

Computer: 89550-60060 <-- Seems to still be available.
VSV: 17650-61010

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom