Re-purpose the ride comfort switch after adding suspension lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r2m

Richard
Threads
Has anyone re-purposed the ride comfort switch on the center console (upper right, 3 position switch) after gutting the stock suspension and adding a lift kit?
Maybe lights, winch, air horn or?? Trying to think of what other mods/auxiliary items could use a three position switch?
I kind of hate having a dead switch that could be re-purposed for something else.

Does anyone know if KDSS receives any input from the AVS switch (Sport/Normal/Comfort switch)? I know that the entire KDSS system isn't purely mechanical as there's wiring going to the accumulator and there is a Stabilizer Control ECU.

If that "brand new printed Lexus factory wiring diagram book" comes in PDF, can you please post it on the GX 460 Manuals thread I started?

I did find something interesting in my search to see if the AVS was connected to KDSS. Apparently KDSS is disabled at low speeds (less than 12-15mph, not clear), but active above this. This creates a stiffer ride on uneven surfaces, think fast but rocky trails or uneven washboards. This effect gets amplified by a lift because of the KDSS sawybar preload with the lift. One of the members disconnected the harness from the KDSS accumulator and this softened up the ride above 12-15 mph.

I lifted my truck with coilovers this past weekend and can confirm that I notice more harshness on the potholes around here. This was not the case with my old 4runner with a very similar setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom