Re: missing posts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thinnk you're right! I remember the post about ARB bumpers and I can't find it ??? :ugh:While I greatly appreciate this board and the time and effort put in to keep it going, it seems to have a lot of problems :( I hope the admins can figure it out.

Gumby would be the one to ask. As we have him as moderator. He has the ability to delete or move threads to more suitable locations in the forum. You can delete your own posts, maybe if the person who started a thread deletes his post, so goes the thread? :ugh:

yep,i noticed the missing ARB thread soon after i posted what i paid for mine.....
i hope that admitting what ya pay for something isnt a no-no,cause the way i see it if ya didnt want to pay it,ya wouldnt have in the first place......

doug

:dunno:

Personally, I haven't moved a thing on the forum, or deleted anything...price posting is fine with me....heck, ya gotta find the deals somehow!

The post originator CAN delete their own post, and I believe that deletes the balance of the thread. Gumby can delete/edit/move posts in this section, as can I.

<--not guilty...lol

My favorite deletion was a thread re: Land Cruisers at Discoweb.org. It was one of those multi-page ones where someone says they were contemplating an 80 and all the Disco owners said BUY THE LAND CRUISER! ;) It got really pathetic then one day – poof - it was gone. :mad:

the theory could be tested,

Simon, you could delete you post to see if the thread vanishes........and then create a new thread to describe what we talked sbout here.........FWIW

I do not see the post on the ARB bumper that I posted several days ago. We had also started discussing the GSMTR.

Will

ok, i deleted my own post within the thread so that's possible, but I can't seem to kill the thread. Also, if Tenn didn't kill the ARB thread when he started it then who did?

Woody? Gumby? Hacker?

Shoots my theory in the foot... :eek:

(got another post out of it though 8))

if a threads deleted do you loose your post count?
working towards 69 (what status do you get for that?) :D

Don't think so.....(got another 8))

I vote we disable the ability of people to delete their own posts without the moderator's consent. First off, it just bugs me. Second off, it can disrupt threads (try to figure this one out without my initial post), Third, it allows people to flame and run.

Of course, if I could figure out a way to delete Dan's posts to get him demoted that would be a different story.

Semlin, who has posted more than 14 messages on this site

Simon,

Just a sec here while I lay down so that it will be easier for you to kick me in the ribs....... :D

PM me your user ID and I'll see if I can assist you in your quest....... 8)

I work cheap ya know... :beer:

Too tired to actually do this myself ... but I remember doing it at SOR :

Perform a search for say "ARB" ... look for the thread to appear . You can click on it's hyperlink , but it will most likely be empty / gone ...

If anything , it gives you the confiirmation that it actually existed , and maybe even a thread number that a sysop/mod could mine data from .

I like this board because it's pretty secure though . I remember I was on another forum , and some fella left his font size open . So I .. edited 'his' post . Which brought all the other subsequent posts back to normal size . I think I even apologize to the guy for hacking his account :dunno: . Comical cause the Mod emailed me after and said to keep it all hush , hush so as not to attract attn to the fact that the BB was vulnerable . And .."Oh yeah , so how 'did' you edit someone elses acct ?? Even I can't do that " He said 8) ... but I digress :D

T

Semlin,
I like the ability to delete my own posts. yes, it takes 'em away from teh post count, but I've done this for several reasons several times. For example, I slammed someone for something they said on another site. After thinking about it, I thought it wasn't right and deleted it. Should my slam just stay there. :dunno: No. &nbsp:Deletion can be good. It was available and used on SOR and is avail on POR. :slap: :flipoff2:

I have not deleted anything from this forum. In fact, Woody usually beats me to moving something, so I have not had to do that on the tech forum either. The only thing I delete on a regular basis are double posts.
The forum was ordering stuff wierd there for a little bit, I wonder if the ARB thread moved out of sight.
Anybody do a search yet?
The "lot of problems" have hopefully been addressed. I have never had a problem personally, except when Woody is messing around with the program trying, and generally succeding, with making it better.

I got off my butt and did a number of exhaustive searches with no results . I tried looking under ARB , Tenncrusher etc ... I even looked under 96cruiser , who had responded in the missing thread ... went to his profile , and then searched thru all the threads he had contributed to , and nadda . My guess is that it is long gone :(

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom