RE: Hub Cap Clips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have taken delivery of 4 genuine Toyota Steel Rims (16") with Hub Cap Clips. (Thanks Darcy!)
A couple of the Clips are broken and need replacing.
I want to keep them as original as possible.
Can anyone advise as to where I can source replacement Clips/Rivets?

find a used 15" steel rim... they use the same clips afaik

Good idea but I believe any wheels with hub cap clips are rare in Australia. Might find someone in the US who have some bad wheels to remove the clips and mail them across the pond. Haven't Used cold rivets since the seventies but thing there still used be around. Install with a air hammer and backup bar on the other side to mushroom the rivet.

080-09A-CLP-U

http://www.sor.com/cat080c.sor

U Hubcap Clip-

Fits 1958-1984 USED
Club Price is $ 16.38 Click here for info about Club SOR
PLEASE ALLOW 24 TO 72 HOURS TO PULL AND INSPECT ALL USED PARTS BEFORE SHIPMENT
(an Additional Handling Charge of 10.00 is already included in price)

yes.png

I guess if you just need a few it's a good option. If you were trying to convert non hub cap to hub cap wheels and could use 15" for the price of six used clips you could buy a OEM disc brake wheel new.

how many you need? i prob got a few old rims for donor clips. havnt got many perfect rims the clips smash off up here

I drilled out the donor rim from the back, hammered what was left of the rivet through the new rim, and welded the backside. If you are careful, you can make the new weld look like the rivet. You never know when someone will be looking at the back side of your rims so it has to be right :)

IMG_4220.jpg
IMG_4221.jpg
IMG_4222.jpg
IMG_4223.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom