Re-cad plating hardware and bits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would also like to know , i would like to get some of my stuff done on my 45, like the headlight buckets.

I dont have the time for the home mad science kit.

I use APEX plating in Portland, Oregon.

Call Matt Youst at 503-235-9551

If you are doing clear zinc ie - The P/S Heat shield, Cat heat shield, Muffler heat shield and tools I recomend sand cleaning.

If you need yellow aerodyte chromate (yellow) I use glass bead in a media cabinet to clean all the metal. If you dont have one you can find many people around that will blast your stuff cheap.

Once all is cleaned simply mail it to APEX with all your contact info and Scott will call you back with a total. Send monies and a week later you will get this (see pics).

If you are having the OEM brake and fuel lines done and the black plasctic coating is still good, leave it the plating will only clean it and not remove it.

They are a LARGE production company that will deal with the smaller guy like us. They do great work!

They do not do any prep work to the metal, you will have to get all this done first!
P1010108.JPG
P1010109.JPG
P1010110.JPG

Waggoner5 said:
My guy will do everything for a very rightous price. Billmark plating in Ft Worth. A 5 gallon bucket full is about $60, cleaned and yellow cad plated.

That is dirt cheap!!!

5 gallon bucket is about 80 pounds? shipping??

I second Gary's recommendation on replating. I gave Gary a 5 gallon bucket of bolts and miscellaneous hardware to get replated in yellow cad, and they weren't cleaned at all, some of it with paint and rust on it, and, of course, grease. I couldn't believe how clean it was when I got it back, and it was done in less than a week, and it only cost me $65! I've got a second smaller batch there being processed now, and I can't wait to see how it comes back. Lucky for me that I can meet up with Gary in person at the LSLC meetings, so I save shipping both ways. I just wish we could find a local place to replate our chrome parts, especially wheels.

Gary, I believe the total price was a around $120 for all of our stuff put together, so we just split the difference. Seems like I gave you $65 or $70. It was an excellent price that I was glad to pay, given the weight of that 5 gallon bucket, and the fact that your plater tumble polished it a bit to brighten it up. I was really impressed with how it turned out. I bought a FJ60 air tube from Attlas1X that he had restored using yellow cad, and I can say his place does excellent work as well, on par with the work of your plater.

Got that second batch back from the plater yet? I'll try and be at the next LSLC meeting.

Chef's Avatar is the Shiat!

Thats right it was $120 or so. I remember it costing more because of all the parts that could not be tumbled. I have taken a bucket of bolts to them and it was about $60. When I have taken them parts that have to be hung up, it does cost more money and in my opinion does not come out as good. Not as shiney.
G

Just get one of those flat rate boxes from USPS and mail it to Texas... (In my case 5-6 boxes) I'm dreaming of all my old bolts coated in golden goodness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom