Re badge Lexus GX460 to Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bummer. If you recall the part number or dimensions I can see if I have one sitting around unused. If I have a match it's yours. I bought a bunch of random sizes trying to fit one to my grille.
Hey thanks! It was the 2005-2011 Land Cruiser badge part number 90975-02076. LMK if you have it, I would cover shipping at least.

Hey thanks! It was the 2005-2011 Land Cruiser badge part number 90975-02076. LMK if you have it, I would cover shipping at least.
Use small 1/8" squares cut off of a 3M VHB double sided tape roll. The badge won't come off at that point no matter the Texas heat. I put some on my custom Texas license plate to prevent theft and when I needed to swap it out with my Idaho plate I had a hell of a time getting it off. LOL

Use small 1/8" squares cut off of a 3M VHB double sided tape roll. The badge won't come off at that point no matter the Texas heat. I put some on my custom Texas license plate to prevent theft and when I needed to swap it out with my Idaho plate I had a hell of a time getting it off. LOL
That is the tape I used, though I didn't use little squares, I tried to entirely cover the back of the badge with the tape. Not sure why it fell off, I have used that tape for many other things successfully.

Dug through my stash and didn't find that P/N or any that crossed to it. Was worth a look.

@MrTorgue has a point with the small squares I think. I do something similar and it seems to resist peeling off better than using long or larger strips. Once the edges start to pull back, dust/moisture can cause the whole piece to loosen. Just my experience.

Dug through my stash and didn't find that P/N or any that crossed to it. Was worth a look.

@MrTorgue has a point with the small squares I think. I do something similar and it seems to resist peeling off better than using long or larger strips. Once the edges start to pull back, dust/moisture can cause the whole piece to loosen. Just my experience.

I used smaller squares instead of a length of the tape. Tends to work out better for me for some reason.

I've done the same on my 2010 for a few reasons. First, I work in the public sector and there are some petty coworkers who are very sensitive about who's getting paid what kind of salary. If I pulled up in a Lexus then I'd have a big target on my back. Once we considered a PT Cruiser for a department work vehicle and the big boss quickly shot down the idea saying a PT Cruiser was way too flashy and would look bad to the public, hahaha. So a Lexus in the parking lot would be frowned upon. I also leave the vehicle parked at trailheads, often overnight, on a very frequent basis and I'm trying to stay more low key to discourage break-ins. And finally, I put on 4Runner wheels so I thought I might as well complete the look :). Most everyone thinks it's an older 4runner or Highlander, a couple people have called it a Land Cruiser.

View attachment 2667052
Hey MANPURSE
which Toyota badges did you use ? I have. 2012 and like to do the same
Thx

Well, I finally 'got one' the other day.
I was stopped at a light and I saw a guy in the car to my left waving to get my attention. 'How the ____ did you get that thing over here?', he asked. I could tell he was excited about it as there are a few older Prados (true imported RHD examples) in the area but nothing this new. I couldn't help but crack a cheesy smile and I said, 'It's a Lexus'. I could tell the excitement was vanishing by the look on his face. 'A re-badge?' he asked, to which I just nodded. 'Well, you got me...that's cool' he said, looking more amused than frustrated. Light changed green and it was over but that it happened warmed me pretty good.
I've had friends notice the emblems and ask when I sold the Lexus while looking right at it. They don't really know what Prados are and could care less honestly.
This was different. That someone noticed and took it hook and all felt good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom