For Sale Raleigh, NC 1975 FJ40 Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Yellow
Up for sale is our 1975 FJ40. I started a frame off 10 years ago and it breaks my wife's’ heart that I can not finish this. I started a rebuild page here on Mud as well. Photos of the tear down, new rotisserie.

All was going well, until my hands started with Dupuytren's Contracture. I’ve lost the use of both hands from this genetic disease as my fingers are all curled up.

• Clean title since 1985 when I purchased her.
  • This is a great Father/ Son/ Daughter, Husband/ Wife project.
  • The entire body was sandblasted except for the 4 doors, 2 front and 2 rear.
  • Tub has been braced w/ 2" X 2" square stock, so the Tub is square and ready to mount to new rotisserie.
  • The frame has no damage, needs a good repaint. Just some surface rust.
  • Mostly new front end parts. All new bearing, seals bushings etc for both front and rear axle rebuild.
  • Toyota Centering tool for front Knuckle centering.
  • Headers Jet-Hot coated w Lifetime Heat Coating w/ all exhaust pipe.
  • New Toyota Air Filter Housing.
  • New Toyota Clutch Slave w/ Spring.
  • New Toyota Brake Master Cylinder for Disk Brake Conversion.
  • Rainman New Brake Lines.
  • New front fenders.
  • New Headliner
  • New Dash Pads Complete upper and all lowers.
  • Top has been separated and needs to be put back together. New headliner still in box. Rear sill of the metal frame needs to be cut and re welded. I have the metal. I do not have the rivets to attach the fiberglass to the metal rim.. Fiberglass is in good condition, no cracks.
  • 4' X 4' top storage carrier w/ 4 ConaFer clamps to attach.
  • Close to $10,000 plus of new parts and tools to complete the job. Those were 2008 prices mind you.
  • Eastwood plasma cutter and welder w/ a few extra spools of wire.
    Brand new rotisserie to get the job done right.
    4, wheel rollers to push her all over the garage without a floor jack.
    4, Jack stands
  • 2, gallons of Dupont Epoxy Primer, sealer and reducer.
  • All new body panels from Real Steel, bought in 2008. Body looks rough, but with some welding and grinding it can be new again. Or sell off the body panels not used and replace with a new Tub.
  • New Rockers still need installed. New Rear sill needs installed. New Lower Left and Right Sides rear/quarters need installed. Rear inner fender well and sides need installed. Used rear upper quarter channel needs installed. New, already fit drivers side floor needs to be welded in.
  • New CCOT Cowl lowers Left and Right need to be installed.
  • Two used/ good donor doors, or fix the old ones with the bottom replacement panels.
  • All new rubber for the entire project, everything! Grommets for the fire wall, doors, top, windshield… Most still in original plastic with Toyota part numbers.
  • Motor and Transmission are out and separated. Both are on roll around wooden stands. Motor needs a good going thru. I have a new Toyota stock Cam. Head had been gone thru, with new valve springs and surfaced. Valves, guides etc all checked out. Work done by Cylinder Heads by George in Wake Forest, NC.
  • Transmission works fine, but after 20 years of sitting, I would go thru it to redo the seals and give it a check.
  • Have both front and rear disk brake conversion kits from JT Outfitters here in NC. All new parts in original boxes and never put on. Old drum brakes were reworked and never ran 20 years ago. New wheel cylinders, shoes, springs and drums to keep as is or put new disk conversion on.
  • New Painless wire harness for the Landcruiser, not installed, still in box. Old wire harness is labeled with all connections still intact.
  • Old front fenders, still in good usable shape.
  • New box of Metric bolts, nuts and washers.
  • Warn winch.
  • Original seats w/ Drivers side reverse mounts.
  • New Toyota Windshield mount mirrors.
  • New CCOT Windshield Hinges and Hood Hinges W all S/S Hardware for Both.
I have all the tear down photos I can put on a stick a give to you.

I know I’m forgetting a lot of stuff. PM me here with questions.

IF THIS DOES NOT SELL BY THE END OF THE YEAR IT IS GOING TO GET CRUSHED!

$10,000 cash or Certified Check only. No trades. Looking to sell this to the right person.

DSC_0239.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0241.JPG

Last edited:
More photos Also new Rainman brake lines , not installed with a new Master cylinder. New clutch slave. and the Warn winch

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

This is where I stopped...

FAM_6957.JPG

FAM_6958.JPG

FAM_6959.JPG

FAM_6960.JPG

FAM_6961.JPG

More

FAM_6962.JPG

FAM_6963.JPG

FAM_6964.JPG

FAM_6965.JPG

FAM_6966.JPG

Up for sale is our 1975 FJ40. I started a frame off 10 years ago and it breaks my wife's’ heart that I can not finish this. I started a rebuild page here on Mud as well. Photos of the tear down, new rotisserie.

All was going well, until my hands started with Dupuytren's Contracture. I’ve lost the use of both hands from this genetic disease as my fingers are all curled up.

• Clean title since 1985 when I purchased her.
  • This is a great Father/ Son/ Daughter, Husband/ Wife project.
  • The entire body was sandblasted except for the 4 doors, 2 front and 2 rear.
  • Tub has been braced w/ 2" X 2" square stock, so the Tub is square and ready to mount to new rotisserie.
  • The frame has no damage, needs a good repaint. Just some surface rust.
  • Mostly new front end parts. All new bearing, seals bushings etc for both front and rear axle rebuild.
  • Toyota Centering tool for front Knuckle centering.
  • Headers Jet-Hot coated w Lifetime Heat Coating w/ all exhaust pipe.
  • New Toyota Air Filter Housing.
  • New Toyota Clutch Slave w/ Spring.
  • New Toyota Brake Master Cylinder for Disk Brake Conversion.
  • Rainman New Brake Lines.
  • New front fenders.
  • New Headliner
  • New Dash Pads Complete upper and all lowers.
  • Top has been separated and needs to be put back together. New headliner still in box. Rear sill of the metal frame needs to be cut and re welded. I have the metal. I do not have the rivets to attach the fiberglass to the metal rim.. Fiberglass is in good condition, no cracks.
  • 4' X 4' top storage carrier w/ 4 ConaFer clamps to attach.
  • Close to $10,000 plus of new parts and tools to complete the job. Those were 2008 prices mind you.
  • Eastwood plasma cutter and welder w/ a few extra spools of wire.
    Brand new rotisserie to get the job done right.
    4, wheel rollers to push her all over the garage without a floor jack.
    4, Jack stands
  • 2, gallons of Dupont Epoxy Primer, sealer and reducer.
  • All new body panels from Real Steel, bought in 2008. Body looks rough, but with some welding and grinding it can be new again. Or sell off the body panels not used and replace with a new Tub.
  • New Rockers still need installed. New Rear sill needs installed. New Lower Left and Right Sides rear/quarters need installed. Rear inner fender well and sides need installed. Used rear upper quarter channel needs installed. New, already fit drivers side floor needs to be welded in.
  • New CCOT Cowl lowers Left and Right need to be installed.
  • Two used/ good donor doors, or fix the old ones with the bottom replacement panels.
  • All new rubber for the entire project, everything! Grommets for the fire wall, doors, top, windshield… Most still in original plastic with Toyota part numbers.
  • Motor and Transmission are out and separated. Both are on roll around wooden stands. Motor needs a good going thru. I have a new Toyota stock Cam. Head had been gone thru, with new valve springs and surfaced. Valves, guides etc all checked out. Work done by Cylinder Heads by George in Wake Forest, NC.
  • Transmission works fine, but after 20 years of sitting, I would go thru it to redo the seals and give it a check.
  • Have both front and rear disk brake conversion kits from JT Outfitters here in NC. All new parts in original boxes and never put on. Old drum brakes were reworked and never ran 20 years ago. New wheel cylinders, shoes, springs and drums to keep as is or put new disk conversion on.
  • New Painless wire harness for the Landcruiser, not installed, still in box. Old wire harness is labeled with all connections still intact.
  • Old front fenders, still in good usable shape.
  • New box of Metric bolts, nuts and washers.
  • Warn winch.
  • Original seats w/ Drivers side reverse mounts.
  • New Toyota Windshield mount mirrors.
  • New CCOT Windshield Hinges and Ho

FAM_6967.JPG

FAM_6962.JPG

FAM_6963.JPG

FAM_6964.JPG

FAM_6965.JPG

MORE

FAM_6973.JPG

FAM_6976.JPG

FAM_6977.JPG

FAM_6978.JPG

FAM_6979.JPG

More

FAM_6982.JPG

FAM_6983.JPG

FAM_6984.JPG

FAM_6985.JPG

FAM_6986.JPG

MORE

FAM_6987.JPG

FAM_6988.JPG

FAM_6990.JPG

FAM_6991.JPG

FAM_6994.JPG

Last Ones

FAM_6995.JPG

FAM_6996.JPG

FAM_6997.JPG

IF THIS DOES NOT SELL, I WILL NOT PART IT OUT. I WILL CRUSH IT AND IT'S GONE FOREVER !!!!!

IF THIS DOES NOT SELL, I WILL NOT PART IT OUT. I WILL CRUSH IT AND IT'S GONE FOREVER !!!!!
I would hate to see this get crushed. Wish I could pick it up.

I've been asked twice in the last 24 hrs if we'd take less than the $10,000 for our project. For the record, so you don't waste my time or yours, the answer is NO. If you do not want this for the price stated, than don't waste our time.
We have way too much on our plate to have what limited time we do have with these questions. If you want to ask a question about the project, then we have the time to answer you.
Thanks again for reading this.

@ludwig I’m up in Chapel Hill like I mentioned… ready to take a look at your project, today. You have my number, please reach out. Thanks.

i'm really interested in the conferr rack - im in fayetteville - dont think it would mess up any deal with the rest of the project - PM me if interested - thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom