Quick help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a new, to me, 93 80 with 130K miles. Going to go pick it up soon and need to know what if anything to look for before driving it back across country. I've seen several post here before buying about some radiator hose...I'll look for the post later. But stuff like that, common break downs, things to have a local mechanic replace if needed, that sort.

Thanks in Advance.

Just the usual cruiser stuff, there is a heater hose under the inlet manifold which should be done every 100,000km min, I think www.sleeoffroad.com has a tech page on it.

Apart from that, just the usual stuff to look for in the usual places.

Ahh, "HEATER" hose...no wonder I couldn't find it in the archives. Thanks

Safado,

Search for PHH (Pesky Heater Hose.) There are lots of posts about it. If you're close to Slee offroad or passing on your way back from picking up the Cruiser then drop in... Robbie *loves* to do the PHH. :D

If you are going to replace it yourself then plan for a complete cooling system flush because the coolant has to be drained anyway.

-B-

Change engine oil and check all fluid levels. I anything is dirty change that as well.
Oh, and how did the wife take the news???
Cheers,
Sean

Beowulf,

How much does it cost with SLEE and how long does it take? Thanks.

MTNRAT,

We've agreed to disagree... :-\ She can't understand the value in it, and I can understand paying $75 for a haircut and style. :D

Safado,

Dunno, But if you're going to be an 80 owner than you need to get familiar with Slee Offroad and C-Dan. I have Slee's number on my speed dial and C-Dan's phone number is memorized.

-B-

-B-

Ohh, I'm familiar with their products, been drooling over them for years, not too much I could buy for the old 60, and now no $ to spend either. As far as C-DAN is concerned...I've seen him posting, just never had the opportunity of getting schooled by him.

LH fender $383.02
LH fender flare $390.28
Flare gasket $19.81
LH quarter flare $228.69
Flare gasket $11.83
LH quarter mud flap $73.08

$1,106.71 :eek:

DAMN.... ::) I don't know if I want to know you or not...does that come with Vaseline?

Looks like the rock rash will stay for a bit. Aren't there aftermarket flex flares for the 80? Seen them a bunch on 40's . Thanks

Safado, as you are new to the 80's board, I'll explain. That price is most likely List Price, if you were a **smart shopper** you could likely get for less $$. A PM may reveal a more favorable total. ;)

Hey look, I graduated to Junior :D

So what's a PM? Is CDAN a dealer? I've noticed he knows a hell of a lot about a hell of a lot and can usually pull prices faster than anyone. I know 80 parts tend to be more expensive, and hadn't planned on replacing the fender flares with stock...just the fender...maybe. ???

Um,.........

Don't say "Total"...........that sounds ominus :rolleyes:

(it's nut hurt that bad)

PS, PM = private message, it's a secret way to talk behind someone's back. :cheers:

Safado,

>> I don't know if I want to know you or not...does that come with Vaseline? <<

First, you buy a 10 year old 80 off of eBay that clearly has been wheeled hard, has a trashed fender and (several?) trashed flares, then you ask the price to repair, then you imply you're getting screwed on the costs.

Sounds to me like you need to start thinking before you start hitting the "bid again" key.

-B-

-B-

Nothing like that...don't read too much into it. If that's the price that's the price. Not planning on fixing it all any time soon anyway. Just a "creative" way of saying " :doh:...80 parts are expensive."

CDAN-

If you're as sensative as -B-, no malice intended. From what I understand you're the guy I need on my side of the rig. Thanks again.

Just graduated from Newby to Junior today :cheers:...don't expect too much!

No offence taken. I don't often get mad. I have been known, however, to get ahead...... :rolleyes:

If you check around I am sure you could find a used fender with the flare.
Sean

So CDAN, or anyone for that matter,

Has anyone ever seen the "flex fender flares" I was talking about on an 80? Am I explaining myself well? I've seen them on plenty of 40's...they're black and a flexable material. Don't know what else to say about them...any ideas? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom